Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Exhaust that does the 1190 RIGHT

EBRforum Newb
    Thanks Dean, already placed my order of exhaust + tunable ECM. Can't wait! In the meanwhile, if you ever do get a chance would love to hear about your experience building your map with idspd. Was the journey as you expected, are you happy with the results or is this going to be a ongoing project.

Owing a unique bike has its downfalls. I can't just Cruz ebay or Craigslist for parts. However on a big plus it's very rewarding for me to be able understand / share the journey folks have taken to bring me my bike + parts. Makes every ride more personal. I appreciate and enjoy the ride much more.

Thanks for all the hard work Dean

ditto

EBRforum Junkie
    Finally got a chance to get to a reputable dyno shop, Cycle House Performance off of Watson Rd in St. Louis.
    They've got a Bazzaz Principia dyno which apparently reads 15% lower than what Dynojet shows, so it's similar to a Superflo dyno in numbers. That said, it made 155.5 hp and 82.9 ft/lbs of torque. In Dynojet numbers, that equates to 178.8 hp and 95.3 ft/lbs of torque. As I recall, mine made 162/85 on a dynojet in stock trim. That dyno isn't available now, so eventually I'll have to put mine back to stock and take it to Cycle House again for a "stock" run.
    Jerry (the owner of Cycle House) saw the air/fuel display on my bike and watched it at the end of the runs, it was reading 11.6:1 or so and he'd mentioned if I leaned it out up top I'd see another 5-7 hp easily since it was so rich. Well, there's a wrinkle to that. My bike was initially dyno tuned, but for the last couple of months, it's been ROAD tuned at speed, as in logged at whatever I was riding at. On occasion (more often than not) I did exceed the posted speed limits in an effort to capture valid data. Apparently the RAM air effect does work. The logs showed an AFR of 12.5-12.8:1, which is what I was after on the road. I guess what this means is, even though it shows as running extremely rich on a dyno, it's not rich while out on the road, and is potentially making even more power than what was observed on said dyno. It's possible I broke 183-185 hp, but without that forced air induction to prove it out, I guess I'll never really know for sure. I will say this, the bike was fast before, now it's even faster. Looks like it's a solid 10% gain in power from the exhaust and tuning. I'll take it.

Sounds promising :). So how dose this tune feel compared to the tune for the powercommander? better torque curve or any other differance. And how is it to tune on the race ECM

EBRforum Junkie
    Relatively flat torque from 4000-11000 rpm. Essentially there's power everywhere, which is what I've been riding with for a while now. The tune was based on a target AFR of 12.5:1 to 12.8:1 so it could probably be massaged to squeeze out a little more midrange power and flatten it out even more.

EBRforum Newb
    Looks very smooth, can't wait to test out.

Dean have you had the opportunity to measure the decibel level of your exhaust. reason I ask is some tracks I go to have a decibel limit.

Thanks

EBRforum Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by mackja View Post
    some tracks I go to have a decibel limit.
    That hasn't happened here in Texas yet, but I know it's coming. Getting under 100db at 10M off the track at full throttle isn't easy, but it's a target we should aspire to.