Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Exhaust that does the 1190 RIGHT

EBRforum Newb
    Hi Dean, any updates on the race ecm map for your exhaust?

I just asked Dean on the 25th of Oct about this and he said he had the latest iteration of the calibration with him now and he was testing it to send in the info for the map. He also linked this --> http://ecommerce.deanadamsdesigns.co...eae71c8412051a and said that, that would be the link for selling an ECM with a loadout for his exhaust,

sorry about the second post, i just went through this thread and saw something i wanted to clear up

Quote Originally Posted by d_adams View Post
    This one will be programmed to match the short 1190 RX/SX exhaust only. Most likely, if you want to spend the $$ for the programmable ecm, the map will be available to the exhaust owners. Currently they ship with 3 maps (stock, secondary delete and the hmf maps).

I am taking pre-orders on the ecm now, the exhaust has been available for some time. I have not put a package together as of yet, I may still do that at a later date. As I recall, EBR sold the hmf/ecm combo for $1400. I think hmf sells the pipe for considerably less.
    so Dean just to get one thing straight.. In order for us to get your exhaust and an ECM with a map specifically for your exhaust on the 1190RX/SX we will have to buy the pipes from you and a programmable ECM ($600) and cable ($70), not a "race" ECM ($300) that will be loaded with your map only? If so how well or safe would it be to use your exhaust with the secondary delete ECM? Or are there any other options in the future? Just trying to get it all straight.

EBRforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Slickit View Post
    sorry about the second post, i just went through this thread and saw something i wanted to clear up

so Dean just to get one thing straight.. In order for us to get your exhaust and an ECM with a map specifically for your exhaust on the 1190RX/SX we will have to buy the pipes from you and a programmable ECM ($600) and cable ($70), not a "race" ECM ($300) that will be loaded with your map only? If so how well or safe would it be to use your exhaust with the secondary delete ECM? Or are there any other options in the future? Just trying to get it all straight.
    No. The programmable ecm is only required if you're going to be doing your own tuning. If you're buying the pipe/ecm combo and don't plan on any other changes, the $300 pre-programmed ecm will work. You can buy it from me or IDSPD. I listed it in my store to make it easier to get a single package, that's all. If you intend to switch back and forth between exhaust systems (mine, secondary delete, stock) then a programmable ecm would be needed.

There is a specific ecm for running the secondary delete, I have those also since I cut the stainless tubing myself and figured, once again, it's a package. IDSPD has the ecm, I just order them and then repackage it with the tips to make that kit, same as EBR did. No, mine are not an exact copy, the bend is a little different.

I'm always thinking of what to build next, but usually don't discuss what's on my mind. That said, I may have a Ducati 1299 show up here in either November or December for an exhaust build. The owner is in Afganistan and I don't know when he'll be back here in the states just yet.

EBRforum Newb
    Thanks for the clarification Dean. Please let us know when your map is up and running. Any insight on how it's performing would be much appreciated. I personally would like the tunable version so I can change the gearing and keep electronics working properly.

But also, at laguna Seca they have a noise limit and some stock bikes are having trouble passing. Is there any way to get the tunable ecm with the following 3 maps

1. Stock bike, stock map
    2. Stock bike, race map
    3. Dean Adams exhaust / map

Also how will it work with any future maps that become available. Will we be able to purchase the map or download for free like dyno jet.

Thanks

EBRforum Junkie
    It is my understanding that the programmable ecm will ship with 4 maps. Stock, secondary delete, hmf and mine. Updates to mine will be available as they get produced, it's currently on revision/calibration #135.

EBRforum Junkie
    BTW, I've already spent well over $2500 of my own money just to make this happen.

we appreciate all your efforts Dean, I have only been hearing good things about your exhaust cant wait to get one of my own. My order should go in the week of the 17th of Nov.

EBRforum Newb
    +1 on that, been saving up for a while. Lol it will be my Xmas present to myself

EBRforum Junkie
    The ECM ships with "one" map installed. There is no switch to make another map work, on the fly...
    But, the other maps are easily "installed" into the ECM with your laptop connected. As is the alteration of anything currently within the ECM.

Mike