Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Attaining over 200 WHP.

EBRforum Newb

Attaining over 200 WHP.

Just because I am a go-fast guy, what does it take to get these bikes over 200 hp to the wheels?

EBRforum Expert
    Well, the WSBK bikes had to be hitting about that when they were making progress early last year. Call Larry Pegram; maybe he can tell you.

Of course, you'll completely ruin the streetability of that engine. Like Erik says, the comparable Ducati's are making ~5 HP more than the EBR on the top end. The EBR makes TWENTY more HP in the midrange. Which do you think will be more useful on the street?

EBRforum Junkie
    I can get you pretty much right at 180 at the wheel with the exhaust and tuned ecm running on just 93 octane pump gas. Beyond that, you'd be looking at motor work or alternative fuel, ie; alcohol or a high octane mix.

EBRforum Novice
    I think it can be done with race fuel. Erik himself told me their race bike made 205 wheel.

180 wheel (200 crank) on pump is really awesome, especially in a twin.

Even stock these bikes are very fast. They also turn the fastest and look the best.

I enjoy wrenching more than some but a lot less than others and I don't want a bike that's like a topfuel dragster where it makes epic power levels but has to be rebuilt after every run. Plus 180 at the rear is amazing considering that most of the other OEM's do not run the same geometry in the race bikes as the replica street bikes like EBR. That coupled with the fact that if you watch laps of a lot of these R1, RSV4, Panigale and especially S1krr ridrs the TC lights are almost constantly on for the quicker riders where as take a look a Pat or Rob, they don't even have the TC turned on. What's the point of making all that power on the dyno but having the nannie kick it back down to 600 levels when you actually want it most every lap. Ill take the 180 and better mechanical grip thanks.

EBRforum Junkie
    Classax, Pat runs his TC on one. The individual levels are each adjustable as well, depending on the number of teeth I the rear sprocket and the level of tune.

EBRforum ProvNov
    What do you mean by 'the individual levels are adjustable'?

THanks

EBRforum Junkie
    The way I understand it, from Tim Blomenberg of IDS, when you change your tune and or socket size you need to change the value of the field in each traction control setting to proprtionately compensate for the more or less power applied to the rear.
    Last edited by buell-fan; 06-16-2016 at 09:26 PM.

EBRforum ProvNov
    I asked Tim if I could change traction control settings and he said no, that was not something that I could do. I would like to customize traction control settings if that was possible

EBRforum Junkie
    The setting values change with each preprogrammed tune, as in going from a 41 tooth sprocket to a 44. He did some custom work on my ecm at the track because of an odd sprocket change and explained it to me then.