Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2010 1125 r

EBRforum Newb

2010 1125 r

Name:  e6499497-5c91-447a-837d-140aafe46a68.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  341.0 KBJust bougth a 2010 1125R with 3k miles (5K KLMS) . Always wanted one .
    I realize this section may be DOA but I'll give it a try .
    The bike has a Jardine RT-5 and ECM on it so it goes good.
    Wondering about a quickshift kit for it. It doesn't need it but I want it lol.
    So a Q about that does a quickshift improve 1/4 mile times much? My maths is about between .1 and .2 of a sec . i won't be doing 1/4 miles just as a reference. I just like those snick it into the next gear low wheelies that powerful bikes can do .
    Is it harder on the gears ?
    I like mid range power for the range I live near so wondering what I have to do to get the 11CR gearing sorted, does that change anything on the speedo ?
    I want to put a lower fairing kit on it was thinking of the Fexi-glass one. I'm learning to make carbon fiber car parts so the Flex-glass kit might become a mold .
    I live in a very hot part of the World so for those who know what weight oil would be for an area that never gets below 59 F or 15C .I have my favorite brand and type so yea not another oil thread right lol.
    Down the track I want to put Ohlins on it so if anyone has the cross over details that would be great.
    Cheers .
    Last edited by BADNESS; 12-06-2023 at 11:29 PM.

Welcome to the forum! Yes, sadly it's pretty quiet around here but still better than FaceBook:)
    1) Quickshift: Yes! It is easy and I HIGHLY recommend it. It is NOT the buttery upshift of an electronically controlled ride-by-wire, and it will no 'blip' or downshift for the same reason. It is meant to power up-shift near redline. Ya it should help 1/4 mile times slightly, no one is using a clutch for that anyway.
    You can DIY a DynoJet #103 linear sensor (IIRC) as the OE ECM is up to the task by simply enabling the function with ECMDroid, ECMSpy, TunerPro etc. Also plenty of types of bolt on kits available, check out Rev-Mo.com
    2) No it is absolutely NOT 'harder on gears' .Your transmission is called a constant mesh transmission. Might be a fun thing for you to geek out on You Tube about.
    3) You'll need both pulleys and a belt, not worth the expense IMO, a chain conversion would get you any ratio you wish. Probably cost less too.
    4)Yes changing final drive ratios will change the speedo as the sensor is on the transmission output, not the rear wheel. You can either CR dash/calibrate/ or switch the guage pack to a GPS based aftermarket one.
    5) I'm all for DIY, But theres lots of CF goodies to be had out there already. I LOVE the CR done by Speed-of-color. https://tekarbon.com/collections/buell/model_ebr https://www.motocomposites.com/categ.../1125r-cr.html https://speed-of-color.de/buell-parts-xb https://mdicarbonfiber.com/collections/buell/1125 https://www.bestemusa.com/XB12_c_44.html https://www.twinmotorcycles.nl/websh...p?mc=1&cid=288 https://bottpower.com/buell-custom/buell-parts/
    lots of less quality things on e-bay as well, YMMV
    6) IMO for street riding in those temps, stick with the 20w-50 API "V-Twin specific" oil in any brand or synth you want. I would do track days on my CR in 43C days in Florida and use 60W for that extreme example, but thats pretty extreme. The valve train is always gonna rattle like that.
    7) Ohlins will have a recipe for that already, just call and order. Wilburs does too. IMO any serious suspension upgrade for track use and you might just be swapping on a front end anyway so keep that in mind. There are tricks to keep that front brake effective and cool, but only up to a point.

EBRforum Newb
    Cheers Cooter , and what's up .
    I have ridden HD's for the last 3 decades I had an RC51 but sold it a few years ago and always had a worked over XR650R with USD forks I grafted to it in the shed .
    This dynojet #103 linear sensor I will look into (had a quick look) .Will read up more when I can. I have ridden HD's for the last 3 decades I had an RC51 but sold it a few years ago So I can short shift the HD's without a clutch but not slip change under full power and the RC51 had the best gearbox of any road bike I ever owned
    The swapping drive ratio thing is just a thought it looks too labor intensive to me for the reward.
    Most of those links seem XB dedicated but I saved a couple to my favorites thx again .
    20W-50 it is then, thx. I like Amsoil and the Purple one in synthetic . I ride HD's so I know about running a straight weight oil , it was usually 50W with Evo's and Shovels .
    I live 5k's(3Miles) from the Gillies Range in FNQ Australia and I have the Palmerston Highway (fast twisties) to connect to that or turn right instead of left and there's the Tablelands run to the top of Kuranda Range rd or I can link up with the bottom of the Kuranda range on the way to the Coast Road half an hour away that leads on to the Mossman Range rd and come back home 3 different ways on some of the best roads in Australia man. That is worth a google too Cooter. I am in sports bike paradise and have allways secretly wanted a Buell because of the it's a US Twin thing. Rode a few with the HD motors I really liked them ones just basic and vibey bikes , they turned in really well.
    I've seen you on the XB? forums I think giving solid advice to some lads . I tried to join that and it didn't want to play for some reason .
    So cheers and thx much appreciated .
    P.S. This is what I was looking at Cooter https://www.rev-mo.com/product-page/...ter-sensor-kit apparently I can set a few other parameters with the dongle . We all have our favorite electronic solutions if we can access them.
    Cheers mate
    Last edited by BADNESS; 12-08-2023 at 12:31 AM.

I will look those roads up! I don't have any current plans to see the other side of this planet but you never know! I have used the Rev-Mo stuff and I do like them. So much so that both the 1190 pic and the XB pic with the SuperTrapp exhaust in that section are mine

RC51 is one of those amazing machines that is truly timeless, what a lucky guy!

EBRforum Newb
    I will go have a look at the 1190 section .
    The RC51 had the best gearbox of any bike I've ridden , I mean Honda build quality but so much of the RC51 is top shelf where do you start .I think the Buell might have more power but everywhere else the Honda has it. The Honda may even be faster through the gears too, that gearbox again.
    My door is always open to foreigners who want to ride over here , met a few people thru biker sites who came here to Oz.

EBRforum Newb
    You'll have to post me a link I'm a dufus .
    Hey Cooter will an 1190 motor fit in a 1125 frame ? I saw you schooling some dude who blew up motors a bit and you had the low down on where to buy motors ?
    Maybe that was a while ago. Where is the best place to buy bits for my bike mate ?

Yes the 1190 engine should physically bolt-in without much struggle. A whole lot of parts do interchange between the engines as well. But IMO not worth gutting a running 1125 to do. You'd need everything. Intake, exhaust, wiring, ECM, etc. I would change to the EBR 'inside-out' cooling system as well.

Depends on the parts you need? The aftermarket has every wear item covered, sensors, bearings, belt, lights, switches, fuses. A whole lot of OE stuff is still available from the usual Buell sources TWIN, Buell Service, SPHDOnline, Buellster parts, but I'd hit these forums or e-bay for anything else. Lots of us have boxes squirreled away of the special stuff. I've got plenty of billet goodies and new/used engine parts.

EBRforum Newb
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Yes the 1190 engine should physically bolt-in without much struggle. A whole lot of parts do interchange between the engines as well. But IMO not worth gutting a running 1125 to do. You'd need everything. Intake, exhaust, wiring, ECM, etc. I would change to the EBR 'inside-out' cooling system as well.

Depends on the parts you need? The aftermarket has every wear item covered, sensors, bearings, belt, lights, switches, fuses. A whole lot of OE stuff is still available from the usual Buell sources TWIN, Buell Service, SPHDOnline, Buellster parts, but I'd hit these forums or e-bay for anything else. Lots of us have boxes squirreled away of the special stuff. I've got plenty of billet goodies and new/used engine parts.
    No not doing that . I'll start hoarding interchangeable parts , buy a wreck or 2 just to build up my inventory so I have a 2nd runner over time to do back to back spec testing .
    Cheers man for all your help you really are a stand up guy respect !
    But I will definitely buy an 08 and up XB or two as well to push that motor config or go XBRR style lol.

EBRforum Newb
    She turned up at the depot and I rode her home a distance of 20K's/12 miles . Very nice first impressions , plenty of power, wicked wicked front brake once warmed up , the guy was much lighter than me at 95kg/210lbs and me at 120kg/265lbs so it was quite a plush ride home lol. It was I was surprised how well damped it was for a Super Bike. I've set up the suspension now for my weight according to the manual . Put the controls and bars where I like them , tidied up a couple of things , checked the tune thru the ECM . it's a nice rig .I bought this bike sight unseen paid in to his account as the guy really seemed like a decent bloke on the phone . He came the thru in spades too everything he said was right and happened as he said it was . I did not have to get on a plane and sort it out THIS TIME . I took a punt and am happy with it .He rang me the day it turned up and he was stoked that I was stoked , and he reminisced about how good the bike was for him .He sold her as he needed money and I got the best deal on the planet I reckon.
    Now to ride it ! AFTER the current flood warning and rain subsides , roughly 10 days away but when was a 10 day forecast ever right these days lol. The forecast only goes 10 days so we'll see.
    Here's a schitty pic of the other side . She's in really good condition for an almost 14 Year old bike .

Last edited by BADNESS; 01-13-2024 at 01:38 AM.

EBRforum Newb
    I picked her up , rode her home . It is a really nice bike .Plenty of power , quite plush ride home as the guy I bought her from is way lighter than me . Set her up by the manual .Can't wait to go for a blat .We have flood warnings here and heavy rain for the next 10 days and the forecast only goes 10 days .
    A pic of the other side .
    Picture failed for some reason.
    Last edited by BADNESS; 01-17-2024 at 09:16 AM.