Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ECU/Shock/Gearing Review

EBRforum Newb

ECU/Shock/Gearing Review

I was able to get the parts and install them prior to my days at Chuckwalla this week. Here's a quick rundown of everything plus a video I made.....bike is a blast with more to come....

Ken

New Parts Update

Track conditions weren't that great today, but got to run some decent laps....

Everything worked really well and it is a different bike in a good way.

Gearing - I used the 44 rear and 3rd gear pulls really well and I can start to use 4th more. No longer have to use 2nd anymore...

ECU/Exhaust - Substantial difference! I didn't feel an amazing difference in outright power, but drivability and midrange have been completely changed. There used to be a pretty big hit at 7k, and now there is smooth power from 5k up with no hit....just a bit smooth power curve to redline. I couldn't tell a big difference with the exhaust. This is a great addition......

Shock - This really changed the bike. The Showa shock was 10mm longer than the stock shock as delivered and it really raised the rear up. I ended up lowering the rear to approx. the same dynamic ride height as where the stock shock was and it then worked well. I did take a little compression out from how the shock came, but otherwise left it alone. I did have to raise the front of the bike to help balance it out. Overall, very happy with the shock.

http://youtu.be/2CETq8D7IEs?list=UUI...XvLtmp0FScHp0g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liZXxUw4zHY

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ebr11.jpg 
Views:	379 
Size:	56.5 KB 
ID:	306

EBRforum Newb
    Ken, nice video and review with some great information.
    How much did you raise the front end? You also said you couldn't tell a big difference with the exhaust, where you talking about the noise level?
    Thanks for sharing this information it's going to help me, and anyone else, to set up our RX's a lot quicker.
    I will be racing mine in WERA and AHRMA and likely will only have a track day or two before my first race in February so getting setup help is very helpful.
    Pat Mooney.

EBRforum Newb
    Quote Originally Posted by Manxboy View Post
    Ken, nice video and review with some great information.
    How much did you raise the front end? You also said you couldn't tell a big difference with the exhaust, where you talking about the noise level?
    Thanks for sharing this information it's going to help me, and anyone else, to set up our RX's a lot quicker.
    I will be racing mine in WERA and AHRMA and likely will only have a track day or two before my first race in February so getting setup help is very helpful.
    Pat Mooney.

The front end has been raised 6mm...basically as much as it can go without the taper part being pushed ingot he triple clamp. Correct on the exhaust, it sounds great, but I wanted more!

I also moved the handlebars out a few mm's to get the ergs a bit better.

Ken

EBRforum Expert
    Very cool videos- thanks for posting.

Hugh

Thanks Ken! Great review and right up!

EBRforum ProvNov
    Nice videos .. took a look at EBR store for gears ... would be nice if the ECM and Dash let you program the rear gear teeth. EBR says changing rear gear will impact your Speedo and Traction control. That sucks.

We added a bunch of new EBR bits to the store today including the Showa shock and optional rear gearing.

http://www.af1racing.com/store/Scrip...dCategory=2804

EBRforum Newb
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed / AF1 Racing View Post
    We added a bunch of new EBR bits to the store today including the Showa shock and optional rear gearing.

http://www.af1racing.com/store/Scrip...dCategory=2804
    Very cool! Do you have the Ohlins in stock?

Quote Originally Posted by khill View Post
    Very cool! Do you have the Ohlins in stock?
    havent sold any yet to justify stocking the TTX yet. Should only take about a week to come in. EBR is getting faster and better on parts with every order we place.

We do stock what we call "critical" spares. We've built up about $3000 in a EBR parts supply for stock so far. Levers, pedals, mirrors, grips, turn signals, common gaskets needed for services, spark plugs, pads, basic hardwares, valve cover gaskets. The kind of stuff that keeps people from riding.

EBRforum Newb
    Is it possible to compensate the speedometer and traction control for the larger sprockets?