Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: new 1190RX owner

EBRforum Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by the todd View Post
    I'm getting my first brand new bike very soon and doing a lot of research on every brand, I've looked at this bike, because I had an XB12R and liked it a lot.
    Does the 1190rx have any electronic stability control?
    The RX and SX only have the 21-step traction control, which at the higher settings is also effectively a anti-wheelie control as well. They don't have ABS or other active features.

EBRforum ProvNov
    Quote Originally Posted by steve59 View Post
    WOW, thats a lot big jump in displacement from the 675, my dlr is offering incentives also so hopefully we start seeing more on the road. how's the break in going?
    That's why I ended up going with this over the 675R. The displacement just isn't there, and while, yes, it's more than enough to legally have fun, there's not much quite like today's liter bikes. Coming from an S1000RR, I had to do a lot of thinking on what I wanted in a replacement, or if I was just going to get another one. With the S1000RR, there was always something that was on the to do list to be upgraded, and the appeal of the 675R was almost everything was there, suspension, etc just not the torque or HP. With a new S1000RR I'd still want to swap all that out. I stumbled across these on accident, the last time I had looked at EBR, they only had the RS, and a 40K bike was a novelty to me. The fact that I could get one cheaper than my BMW, along with a bike just for the track and still have a new bike that has loads of power intrigued me. Plus, how many American sport bikes do you see. So I went for it once I got them down to the right price. Break in is good, only had one day with it before I had to go back to work, and got 120 miles. Planning to get the other 500 in the next few days once I get back home tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Hughlysses View Post
    The RX and SX only have the 21-step traction control, which at the higher settings is also effectively a anti-wheelie control as well. They don't have ABS or other active features.
    The RX is an incredibly easy bike to ride! It doesn't do anything you don't ask it to. Even with the TC off if you want to loft the front end you do it intentionally otherwise the bike just fires forward! Coming out of a turn as long as your tire pressure is correct it will want to wheelie before it spins up. If your pressures are high it will make the tire groan( its hard to explain) before it spins up. When the Stock Roso Corsa start to go off they shimmy, wiggle then slip, plenty of warning on grip. With Dunlop Q3's you get much less warning but they moan before they slip. You really have to twist it to make the Q3's spin up. Any attempt to be smooth keeps everything very calm. If I can ride this bike, dude, ANYBODY can.

EBRforum Newb
    New RX owner here. Unable to unlock gas cap. Does it hinge or totally detach? Maybe it is real tight or I have a cap from another RX. Do not want to bend the key. Also, wondering if the bike was serviced with coolant. Header tank is dry. Wouldn't it have been factory serviced prior to shipment? New bike-can't ride!

I posted on your other thread about the gas cap. you can simply check your owners manual about coolant and where to check, levels, all that. If it is a motorcycle that was shipped to you in a crate I would definitely contact the dealer about what all they have done to the bike so far. Also depending on when your motorcycle was made it could be part of a recall, There was one regarding the front brake rotors I believe but I can't remember which VIN numbers that affected.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark1RX View Post
    New RX owner here. Unable to unlock gas cap. Does it hinge or totally detach? Maybe it is real tight or I have a cap from another RX. Do not want to bend the key. Also, wondering if the bike was serviced with coolant. Header tank is dry. Wouldn't it have been factory serviced prior to shipment? New bike-can't ride!
    Mark, where in TEXAS are you? I'm near Austin myself....
    The gas cap detaches completely, does not hinge. A little shot of PB or WD40 into the keyhole might do the trick. I bought my EBR from south Houston, not far from the gulf, and there was light surface corrosion on some parts from sitting for a year without use.
    #811 CMRA
    2014 EBR 1190RX #302

EBRforum Newb
    Will try some lubricant. The key will not turn. Will check the coolant level with the bike as close to vertical as I can get. I don't know what it was serviced with, but will probably need to add to the header tank.

Get a locksmith, the cap goes to a differnt bike.

Insert key and turn 1/4 turn to the left. Then pull up

EBRforum Newb
    Thanks for all the gas cap advice. After lubricating the lock and trying several times, I cannot get the key to turn counter clockwise using normal force and pressing down on the cap. Nothing seems to work and I don't want to break the key off in the lock. With a detachable cap, it may be possible I have a cap from another bike. Will consult with the dealer and/or a locksmith and see if I can sort this out. I thought detachable gas caps were a thing of the past.