Thread: First Service

EBRforum Newb

First Service

I took my sx in for its 620 mile service at the dealer in Marina del Rey.

1. had noticed a crack in the top of the tail under the pillion.... Then a new crack was discovered by the dealer at the point above the taillight. They switched out the plastic.
    Question: I hear this is common. Does anyone know if improved plastic is coming?

2. When in deceleration from 5k to 4k, when I pick up,the throttle, there is a huge hiccup.
    the dealer found a front 02 fault in the historical list and it did it again when I left the shop.
    I returned to the shop and Don the service manager went through all grounds and connections. We discovered while he tried to get the bike to repeat the fault, he takes the bike out of TC.
    I rode home without TC with no issues. Don thinks the fuel pressure is too low. He is calling EBR Monday.
    Question: is anyone having fuel pump or throttle body malfunctions?

EBRforum Newb
    I had a "fuel pressure" issues that turned out to be just poor connection at the fuel rail pressure sensor. I have heard a few throttle bodies being replaced but never heard syptoms and cause of failure.

EBRforum ProvNov
    My throttle bodies were replaced with 80 miles on my RX ... multiple different DTC's .. however ... they were often, consistent and easily reproduced.

The tab on left side of my airbox snapped off .. so yes ... plastic is pretty cheesy compared to Buell plastic.

Quote Originally Posted by dmhines View Post
    The tab on left side of my airbox snapped off .. so yes ... plastic is pretty cheesy compared to Buell plastic.
    This bike has torque specs for a reason. Over tighten the fasteners and they will crack at the taps. The plastics are actually quiet durable.

EBRforum ProvNov
    Seems to me the the tiny 1/4 inch of plastic is barely sufficient on the left side of bike under seat. It appears the clip spun during tightning and put leverage on the area and cracked the plastic. I can tell you that I did not use a torque wrench however .. I have had multiple buells including a Valencia Orange and a CHerry Bomb .. both with the fragile transparent covers and I have never cracked a piece of buell bodywork. I know to be careful with it.

Quote Originally Posted by dmhines View Post
    It appears the clip spun during tightning and put leverage on the area and cracked the plastic. I can tell you that I did not use a torque wrench however
    Exactly!

EBRforum Newb
    How much did you end up paying for your 620 mile service?

EBRforum Newb
    $390.00.
    The service tech is old school who knows new school.
    found the error codes were the product of a lose ground he hunted down.
    i was there yesterday and picked up the exhaust trim kit.
    The bike sounds nice.
    waiting to take her out tomorrow.
    Btw, 1100 miles in TC 3 = rear tire is smoked. I love spinning the tire up.
    But regret the cost of a new tire.