Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2015 RX vs Competition

2015 RX vs Competition

Just thought I share some interesting facts on what the new bikes the EBR is up against for next year. http://motoroids.com/wp-content/uplo...lia-RSV4RR.jpg

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-yamaha-r1-vs-Ducati-1299-panigale-vs-Ninja-H2-vs-S1000RR-vs-Aprilia-RSV4RR.jpg 
Views:	378 
Size:	100.2 KB 
ID:	280

You will note that with 187.67 ps and 202kg ready run weight the EBR has a lowly power to weight ratio of .9285 which actually best the H2 by a good margin and competes with the BMW. You will also note that with 138nm of torque at 8.5K, it stomps all but the 1299 ( which out Buells the EBR) and the power arrives much quicker in the rev range. No one has any cost on the RSV4RR yet but a 1299 is going to be near the $25k mark of the H2 and the 17K BMW and R1 sit just below the EBR MSRP. The rider aids row is where the EBR really comes up short. I would like to ride the 1299, but if its still as hot as the 1999 I would still pass. The R1 and H2 are not classic beauties in the motorcycle world, based on the specs the H2 really isn't worth it. The R1 and S1kRR will be a beast for sure but still as an I4 the power is all up top. An Ape V4 with more power, can't go wrong but what will it cost? Surely more than the current Factory so were talking $25K or abouts. After seeing this the 18k RX is looking more and more like an ecomomical pick.

EBRforum Newb
    I just wish ebr would come out with a quick shifter, or at least an option for one. When I did my demo on the 1190rx, the ebr rep said the euro version 1190rx would have abs. I wonder if it will carry over to the U.S. Model. That new gray color with red wheels will also make it mor appealing.

EBRforum Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Peteypitbull View Post
    I just wish ebr would come out with a quick shifter, or at least an option for one.
    EBR's VP of sales says in this interview that the quick shifter will be an option for 2015 models: http://www.autoevolution.com/news/erik-buell-racin g-vp-exclusive-interview-ebr-plans-to-conquer-euro pe-with-lower-prices-88702.html

EBRforum Newb
    Race ecm has quick shifter function turned on. Add quickshifter linkage and done. Wire it to kick stand switch terminated wiring. Will have mine setup in a few weeks

EBRforum ProvNov
    Gemini .. is the race ECM you are referring too the ECM that will be coming with the Resonator delete tips ??

EBRforum Newb
    That's th one. Mine is on order through rpm. Contacted EBR to verify about quickshift

EBRforum ProvNov
    Thanks .. mine is on order through AF1 ... last I heard was mid-November .. you hear anything new?

EBRforum Newb
    Supposed to ship out from ebr to dealers starting today

EBRforum ProvNov
    Cool .. they say how much for the Quick Shifter parts? Sounds like you already ordered it ???

EBRforum Newb
    I read online it's about 250. Didn't order quickshift parts. Gonna try my hand at building one. Should be hard at all. In my mind, what I have planned will function same way, be adjustable and much lower profile