Thread: EBR 1190SX - KTM Super Duke 1390 Shootout

EBRforum Expert

EBR 1190SX - KTM Super Duke 1390 Shootout

EBRforum Newb
    Saw this over on XB. I wonder if this forum will ever take off. I hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by theycallmecrash View Post
    Saw this over on XB. I wonder if this forum will ever take off. I hope so.
    I think it will take EBR and this forum a while to build. But when EBR has been making bikes for less than a year and they've got one that can hang right with the Motorcycle of The Year and another that can hang right with the Panigale, it's inevitable that interest will build.

How amazing is it that a brand new company already has bikes that can be directly compared to the best in the world? Think about it - while we loved Buell, nothing Buell under Harley ever made could have been seriously compared to the best in the world.

There's something very exciting going on in East Troy that most people don't seem to see yet, but in a few more years, I think people will be saying "Holy crap! Where did these amazing motorcycles come from?"

EBRforum Newb
    The new 1290 is so much better, welcome to the big league. The 2022 Super Duke RR is great, KTM claims a power to weight ratio of 1:1. I couldn't find its kerb weight in road ready condition anywhere, but i hope its lesser or close to the Streetfighter. In terms of power to weight ratio the Streetfighter V4 is one of the best in the hypernaked class as claimed by Mototech. The New KTM 1290 Super Duke RR is already sold out. But i still think the KTM 1290 super duke can't compete with the Brutale 1000RR or the streetfighter as both of these bikes make more than 208 HP.
    Last edited by steve.22; 08-18-2021 at 06:59 AM.

One is a new 2022 version that has been in constant development for almost a decade now, The other is the is the same exact motorcycle it was, when introduced in 2014.

Happy you are catching up, finally.