Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: new 1190 accessories -- pipe tips, ECM, and clutch effort reducing parts

EBRforum Newb

Cluch

Has anyone installed the clutch actuator kit? PART NUMBER X3086.1B7 In particular was it easy, or challenging? Was it worth the time and money? Any adverse results?

EBRforum Newb
    Quote Originally Posted by Russellsturgis View Post
    Has anyone installed the clutch actuator kit? PART NUMBER X3086.1B7 In particular was it easy, or challenging? Was it worth the time and money? Any adverse results?
    I asked my dealer if they've installed this kit on anyone's bike yet and they haven't. They estimated between 1 and 2 hours for them to install everything. I'm assuming the parts will be stock on the 2015 EBR's, so I think I'm going to wait until I can feel the clutch on a new model before I decide to install it on my 2014.

Its so funny that so much of the feel of the Buell/ EBR controls seems to be hearken back to the " let's use them as entry drug to HD" days. Anyone who has ridden any HD's much, particularly the 80's 90's circa bikes, wouldn't even notice the clutch pull on the EBR and consider the feel of brakes with their lack of initial bite to be just right.

EBRforum ProvNov
    Quote Originally Posted by Classax View Post
    Its so funny that so much of the feel of the Buell/ EBR controls seems to be hearken back to the " let's use them as entry drug to HD" days. Anyone who has ridden any HD's much, particularly the 80's 90's circa bikes, wouldn't even notice the clutch pull on the EBR and consider the feel of brakes with their lack of initial bite to be just right.
    Compared to an 86 FXR the clutch on this is light! After raging all that in the press then test riding, I kept thinking that those journalists must have never ridden a big twin without a hydraulic clutch

EBRforum Newb
    I installed the kit in my RX and it took about an hour and 20 minutes. The pull was reduced from approximately 35lbs to 25 lbs. Still way more than my XB, Dyna or RS1200. If you get stuck in traffic you will appreciate it. We are installing the kits in the bikes we have on the floor at MCC in Villa Park,Il.

Finally got my quickshifter set up, works awesome!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EBR 1190 quickshifter.jpg 
Views:	489 
Size:	15.6 KB 
ID:	333

EBRforum ProvNov
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy13 View Post
    I installed the kit in my RX and it took about an hour and 20 minutes. The pull was reduced from approximately 35lbs to 25 lbs. Still way more than my XB, Dyna or RS1200. If you get stuck in traffic you will appreciate it. We are installing the kits in the bikes we have on the floor at MCC in Villa Park,Il.

Does the oil need to be drained to remove the cover and install the parts ???

With the bike on the side stand you won't need to drain the oil, you will have a little dribble out when you remove the cover, but not much. If you use a bench or rear stand then you will need to drain the oil.

EBRforum ProvNov
    Quote Originally Posted by mackja View Post
    With the bike on the side stand you won't need to drain the oil, you will have a little dribble out when you remove the cover, but not much. If you use a bench or rear stand then you will need to drain the oil.
    thanks!

EBRforum ProvNov
    Was a nice day in Georgia .. and took my Ducati Monster for a ride for the first time in a while. The clutch pull is so nice and light .. that I just had to order the EBR clutch actuator kit and see if I can get the RX close to my Monster EVO .. AF1 has it in stock.