Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My experience with the new Buell

EBRforum Newb

My experience with the new Buell

Three weeks ago, I decided that I should obtain one of my long sought after motorcycle. I wanted one in the late 90 early 2000 but unfortunately, I got really busy in the Army and placed it on the back burner. after my retirement from the army had to start all over again as a cop so stayed with the current bikes i owned and never pulled the trigger on the Buell.

After retiring from my second profession, I opened my own business and got busy again. By this time EBR had shut down and I was out of luck.

Then Bam!!! I found out Buell had cranked back up and they had this anniversary freedom, edition, all Americand-out. Had to have it!!! God And Country Babe, that's me!!

My experience with the new company has been nothing but spectacular, Brooke the sales associate was working on her first week with the company and we together learned the processes, she was phenomenal. Kept me informed, spot on the paperwork and just a pleasure to work with, reminded me of my own daughter.
    I paid 23,500k out the door with the blackout option. I will have to pay NM GR/Sales tax when I register it.

I know there are more advanced motorcycles for much cheaper, but they are not America made, and that matters to me!!!!

Im still waiting on delivery, scheduled for the first week in May, so crossing my fingers it shows up.
    Last edited by Rangerhughes; 04-25-2024 at 05:29 PM.

EBRforum Newb
    Trying to upload pics but the forum is not letting me. Not sure why but Ill keep working on it.

Nevermind the haters. The right motorcycle is the one you want! They can even say it's old school engineering, but Buell has always been so dang ahead of that curve that it's STILL a top tier hyper sportbike. In fact I bought mine because I knew it's the very last almost 200hp analog motorcycle we will ever see again. Count me in as a luddite!

I'm very happy to hear they're taking care of you:) Hows that whole process work? I assume you receive it on a truck shipment, and is there a network of workshops for you, just-in-case?

Whats it say when you try to load pics? Hit the 3rd button from the right on top of the dialog box, choose computer/URL and then Computer/choose file/upload OR URL and paste the address in that box.

Otherwise if the pic is on a hosting site like Flickr, just paste that link directly in the dialog box.

EBRforum Newb
    Still can get these pictures to load. maybe the administrator has to give me permission the first time.
    Anyway:

Yes, I talked Indian of Albuquerque into being a local Service Center and that's where the bike will be delivered to via truck, I'll go down and drive it home! They will deliver to your house if you like, but didn't want the HOA to blow a gasket because a tractor trailer stopped at my house for 20 min.

No set up fee just quick 50 bucks to receive, inspect the bike and set it aside for me to come get.

Pretty easy, I know the last two bike I bought last year, a Harley and Kawasaki, there was substantial set up fee for both, so that alone saved me $$$.

Noone trying to sell me an extended warranty because it already comes with a 4-year warranty, no dealer mark ups and bullshi* like that.

Worst part of the whole experience was trying to locate an insurance company who recognized the brand name and would insure the bike. I have my cars and trucks under USAA, motorcycles, Class A Motorhome and travel trailer under Progressive. Progressive could not identify the brand make and model and would not insure it,,, so Called Geico, they said yes, so I move everything under them.

yea, I heard all the Na Sayers when I purchased a first year Harley Davidson Pan America SP, how bad it was going to be, should have bought a BMW, etc, etc. That bike was a hoot to ride, drove great, had it on all the back roads here in NM, felt great, only issue it was almost 600LB dry. One thing you got know going into adventure bike riding is not if you fall over but when!! So learned really quick. something half the weight of the Pan Am, was better suited for my style of controlled bike curls, commonly referred to as picking your shi* up when it falls over out in no-wears land so sold it and bought a KLX 300 half the weight, same amount of fun, so I'm ready for the hatters, bring them on. LOL

Been ordering parts to make it uniquely mine: based on your recommendations: EBR race tips and race ECU, 43T rear sprocket, battery charger for the itty-bitty battery in these suckers, Dubble bubble tinted windshield, blue ASV controls with red dials (why, because their just cool as shi*). going to order a quick shifter and Wilber rear shock and hopefully be done.

Your a bad influence but in a good way. LOL

Oh man, had my eye on a Pan-Am too! Test ridden a bunch! My local H-Dealer has so many they are spread all over the dealership and the used one (800 miles) is the best price at $10K over MSRP. Plus fee's, and 10% tax, and 5% credit card fee because I don't want to finance anything.

I do see them at the track a lot for V-twin racing:)

Thanks. It never ends!

EBRforum Newb
    Cooter, I was able to get Buell to install a quick Shifter on the new bike before it ships o Monday, does it need a ECM flash (based on one of your old post). I have the racing ECM here at the house waiting to install hen the bike arrives, is there anythig I need to do?

Thanks
    John

I would assume the QS they install would be functional and yes, your "race" ECM should have the same ability plug n play. Great upgrade!

EBRforum Newb
    Cooter, thanks for the info, another question, what rear stand would you recommend, I use a center lift with the Harleys, Indians dirt bikes, going to need a rear stand for this guy so I don't crush the bread box.

Thank
    John

The muffler has jack points marked on it and internal bracing inside for that reason, but you will need a special paddock stand because she's got some WIDE hips on that girl! I recommend the one that PitBull makes, and a lower triple stand from them as well for fork service or front tire changes.

I would also caution that if you get different spools, get narrow ones or they touch down when cornering before the pegs do and lighten the rear tire, low siding the bike ,shooting you off turn 12 at Buttonwillow while the bike makes expensive noises as it flips over and over in the dirt

Fun memories in that pic (besides the EBR). The Blast is my girls very first bike, she bought it not running and restored the whole thing, and The New Buells "Lead Engineer" Jacob Stark on his CR in the background.

EBRforum Newb
    I hear ya, thanks again for the info, IÂ’m doing my best to get Hammered ready for Sturgis in Aug. going to trailer my HD SG St and the Buell behind my class A. I look forward to carving the canyon roads on the Buell this year.