Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AIMExpo 2015

EBRforum Expert
    Pic of flat black 1190RX with red wheels posted to Badweb a few minutes ago.

EBRforum Expert
    This pic from the show posted to Badweb a few minutes ago. Hopefully we'll see something more than "bold new colors!"

Quote Originally Posted by Hughlysses View Post
    This pic from the show posted to Badweb a few minutes ago. Hopefully we'll see something more than "bold new colors!"

I strongly suspect that's it. But if it's going to be bold new colors, at least those are cool bold new colors. And EBR certainly didn't promise or even hint at anything new, so take away our anticipation and they exceeded any expectations they specifically created.

EBRforum Expert
    Another photo of the gunmetal gray 1190RX posted by EBR dealer Ray Price of Fayetteville, NC to their FB page a few minutes ago:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ray price 1190RX 2015.jpg 
Views:	2162 
Size:	95.6 KB 
ID:	270

In my opinion, that's the best looking EBR we've seen. Not that my opinions worth a whole lot.

http://twowheelobsession.com/2014/10...-look-aimexpo/

Looks like they're putting a lot of effort into serving the club-racing crowd - which is exactly what I think they should be doing. Start from the ground up and get EBRs winning club - WSBK is a much tougher climb. I think the thing that sets the EBR apart is that they're easy bikes to ride fast and less experienced riders can get more out of them than they can some of the other bikes out there.

The combination of intuitive handling and available torque make it a lot easier to turn good laps than a bike that requires the rider to constantly shift to keep the power-band in the sweet-spot. World class riders will do well on bikes that can reward the person that does everything right, but the EBR's shine in their forgiveness for missed shifts and other errors.

In a way, as much as I would have liked to see something new and exciting, I think this is the best thing for the company. They need to focus on building these bikes and selling these bikes and getting established before they start branching out in other directions. They've got two really great bikes to offer - the best two bikes ever made in the US, I'd argue as a performance bike enthusiast. So let's see them focus on making those bikes as good as they can be while building public awareness. They need to keep their costs low while bringing more money in the door. That's how they'll live to see the days when we can get the other really cool bikes we want from them.

EBRforum Expert
    Nice find, Scott. Thanks for posting. Nice video by the reviewer, although he apparently doesn't have a clue about Hero.

I just found this post while searching to see if red rims were ever made for EBRs and I am certainly in love.

EBRforum ProvNov
    I think that GunMetal Gray 1190RX is a one off show bike. I saw it in the EBR trailer during a demo ride in North GA a week or two before the shutdown. They also had a Solid Black SX in there as well. Both colors were supposedly gonna be available for 2015.