Thread: Turn Signals

EBRforum Newb

Turn Signals

Riding home yesterday at night and noticed my turn signals weren't lighting up, none of them. I then looked on the dash and didn't see any action from the top left or right hand corner where it should be lit up. I checked the fuse under the passenger seat and didn't see a turn signal fuse only one labeled "lights" that seemed applicable.

Do I have the dreaded 2014 dash problems? Did the update when sent to buell supposedly fix any inherent turn signal issues?

EDIT: Apparently I'm an idiot and didn't realize my 1190 is an early 2015 not a 2014
    Last edited by dsilver1007; 03-25-2024 at 06:55 AM.

I wouldn't panic quite yet. Can you do basic diagnosis yourself? Check the accessory (10A) fuse, thats what powers the T/S switch.
    Heres the wiring diagram:
    EBR wiring diagram.pdf
    Stick a test light (or DVOM) in the plug that goes to the switch. It's behind the cover at the headlight (Orange/white stripe). Got power there? You can even check the outputs (W/Bn and W/V) to see if the switch is even working. If you have power to it and it is not working, I have a new one for you.

If you have power and the T/S switch is working, ya the next step might be an ECM or Dash, or a different repair like adding a cheap T/S relay.
    Last edited by Cooter; 03-25-2024 at 12:22 PM.

EBRforum Newb
    I did check the fuse but no luck, it wasn't blown.

Thank you for the info about the switch and offering yours up!! I'm going to give it a thorough looking at it this weekend on Saturday. If it is the ECM or Dash I was planning on adding a T/S relay and being mentally okay without seeing the turn signal part of the dash.

You said you checked the 'Lights' fuse, but thats the wrong one.

I said "accessory" fuse. Is that one good? Bad connection (try wiggling it, take it out, corroded?), Does it have power to it? If you're uncomfortable with a test light, do you have a buddy who's a 'stereo guy'? Maybe they could help in person?

EBRforum Newb
    I looked at the accessory fuse and the light fuse just visually and quickly but didn't do a continuity test. That is on the books for after work today.

If it's more than just a fuse my father and I are going to look at it Saturday so I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Hope you find it, the wiring diagram I gave you should help with simple continuity checks so you don't buy a dash or ECM when it's just a wire fix.

EBRforum Newb
    It will be very helpful! I printed it out at work today, I just have to make sure to not leave it at the house.

I for sure would like to avoid buying a dash or ecm at the moment. I know they can get pricey

EBRforum Newb
    Unfortunately the dash seems to be the problem. I spent some time over the weekend and wired in aftermarket turn signal relays and now we are back in business

A good turn of events.