Thread: My first EBR

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    EBRforum ProvNov
    That dirt splatter up into the cockpit is very odd; I have over 18k on my RX (also Red) with thousands of those in wet weather - never had anything like that at all, worst it's ever been is rain spots on the dash screen, and I've ridden in some pretty torrential downpours (a New England specialty).

Be careful going to an OEM exhaust if you intend to continue riding in the rain. The rear of the converter box immediately in front of the rear wheel on mine is very badly corroded, I don't expect mine to make it to the end of 2023, there is rust flaking off all over that area.

NCCR has a "less loud" exhaust option - https://ebutik.nccr.se/ebr-erik-buel...-sweep-up-sc-p - that will clear most noise regs with the dB insert fitted. This does not fit with the standard passenger footpeg brackets nor the EBR/NCCR luggage rack, I asked Jens for a modified up-pipe to work with the stock layout, hopefully I will be able to switch to this exhaust before my OEM dies.

The radiators do take a beating, definitely. The SX comes with radiator guards from the factory, but for some reason the RX doesn't. I got R&G as well, the coolant guards fitted perfectly, the oil cooler guard needed a fair amount of persuasion to fit, though it could have been damaged in transit.

I fitted the R&G tail tidy to mine, much preferred the tidy look - not as ridiculous as the RSV4, but too ugly imho. Proton 500 flush-fit indicators for the front and...still looking for rears that are aesthetically appealing (to me) and can actually be seen in daylight.
    Last edited by ACM; 01-20-2023 at 03:32 AM.