Thread: My first EBR

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My first EBR

Hi all,

I am new here. I found my first Buell just a couple of days ago, an EBR 1190RX.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3490 copy.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	578.7 KB 
ID:	2230Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3491 copy.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	514.3 KB 
ID:	2231

As a teenager (almost 20 years ago), I was already very inspired from the design and engineering innovations of Buell.
    Being born and raised in France, I dreamed about these bikes and had posters all over my bedroom. But I never actually thought that one day I would live in California and ride an EBR. It is quite amazing where life takes you and I am humbled and grateful.

The reason Buell is so special to me is because I always looked up to people that challenged the status quo and found unique and innovative ways to make better products. This later pointed me in the direction of an industrial design career. The knowledge of design and engineering that I now have only amplify how much respect I have towards Eric Buell and the EBR team. I hope to meet these people one day and have some deep design-engineering discussions with them. In the meantime I am loving this 1190RX.

On another note, my EBR has a Dean Adams exhaust that is loud AF. it's cool but as of 2019 the sounds emission laws have changed in California and riders are getting heavy tickets right and left in the Bay Area. If anyone has a stock exhaust for the 1190RX I'm interested. please hit me up. (or just a quieter exhaust, cause I probably wouldn't want to add 20lbs to the bike).

Hope to meet up some fellow EBR owners in my area soon.

Cheers
    Last edited by 9RX; 01-09-2023 at 09:20 PM.