Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clutch issues

Or drill it out by hand and flush with fluid. Don't open the system yet, the pressure will help blast the debris from the hole.

The size isn't that specific but leave it very small. A complete jewelers hand screwdriver kit is less than $5 on e-bay and handy for all sorts of things like dirt bike jets... or carb jets on a POS El Camino that swallows rain through a hole in the hood you cut out just because you wanted to put a huge scoop on a old tired small block and now it's your daily because you took your van apart, again.

Oops, I was digressing.

But a YES to the Oberon. It's pricy, but dang worth it 100%.
    Last edited by Cooter; 01-20-2023 at 01:12 PM.

EBRforum ProvNov
    Ah yes - I see you missed the bit about me being a lazy bugger ? Once the bike's back up and running I'll work on the offending m/cyl. My concern is the risk of any sharp edges left by the drill that could damage the seals. It's OK if the seals fail instantly, not so good if it takes a few dozen clutch pulls before they fail.

Right now it's standing room only in the garage, there's not enough room to check tyre pressures. I need to get rid of my brother's Gold Wing - jeez those things are big !

EBRforum Newb
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Look into the master cylinder and see theres two holes in the bottom. Look REAL close at the big hole and slowly activate the lever. You want to see the black piston seal pass the big hole, and return completely past it, back to open, as you release. If it's not returning enough or sticking it won't let fluid from the master into the line and won't have enough pressure to release the clutch.

The other hole (transfer port) is super small and needs to be cleaned out. A cheap set of Jewelers drills is perfect for this and can get the hard crust out, but I've had luck with a tiny needle, or thin stiff wire.
    Not OP. But I have spent a good bit of time looking at the bottom of my clutch master cylinder. I cannot find the 2 holes. Could you post a picture or give more details of where the holes are? Are you saying you can see these holes on a bike with no disassembly. Just looking from underneath the clip-on?

EBRforum ProvNov
    Do you have a problem with your clutch ?

If you do please explain it in as much detail as you can. I have lots of problems with my clutch now (OP), not sure they're your problems.

Please describe them as precisely as you can - probably in a new post ?