Thread: Potential 2015sx

EBRforum Newb

Potential 2015sx

Hi, this is my first post on here, I owned a 2008 buell xb12s, but I got in a crash and it was totaled sadly.. I bought a Yamaha FJ-09 this winter but to be honest I don’t think I’ll like it... I want my buell back haha

I found a 2015 ebr1190sx that I really like and I would like to know how people feel about daily riding these?

Also how is reliability, I’m pretty sure it’s good, but I would like to hear it from owners of them. I normally put on 10k miles a year

I’ve hear about the front cylinder going kaboom, was that fixed for 2015?

And info would be great, thanks!!

Theres at least one daily ride on here with maybe 40K+ miles? Mines been a track day hag and 300 mile/day canyon carver for 10K flawlessly. I would have zero issue with dailying it.

Front cylinder failure is a SUPER RARE, modified, racebike issue. Please don't fall for the Facebook fear-mongering from someone who wants to sell you expensive "upgrades" Ride it normally (don't LUG it Harley style), maintain it, and enjoy it.

Still the BEST deal to be found for any hyper-naked bike.

EBRforum Newb
    Ok thanks for the reply, that’s what I’ve read, I read can’t find much bad. But MAN do I miss my buell, and I totally think this is the perfect bike. I’m not to worried about reliability, but I just wanted to hear people’s experience with them

I completely love mine, but it's no "replacement" for a Buell. The are such dramatically different bikes, I had to keep my Buell too!

EBRforum Newb
    Oh yeah the xb's has some character for sure, the bike I'm looking at is a 14. 3,500 miles, and so far I've read two "issues" for them, the clutch slave cylinder, and the display not updated, is there anything else I should look for?

If the turn signal indicators are just green arrows its old, if they are in green circles, its probably been updated. You can know for sure by sending the dash ID to EBR/LAP and I believe they still update the dash for free.

A weeping slave is only an 1125 issue AFAIK? but I would still recommend the Oberon unit (same as 1125 $120) I love mine and I tested it with a trigger scale. HALF the clutch lever pull without even resorting to lighter clutch springs Worth it, especially for commuting.

Very early bikes could get a white smoke looking mark inside the top of the headlight. I have a few new ones if you need one or care.

I have heard of "2 piece rear tails cracking" but mines #00024, one piece, and no issues.

I never had an issue with the breather solenoid FaceBook theory either, replace it with that internet kit, or plug it for 4¢ like I did.

Check the plastic chain guide through the rear swingarm. Constantly lugging the engine while riding (sub 4k RPM), wrong chain slack (25-30mm is spec), or swapping the wrong sprocket off set will wear through that quickly.
    3500 miles means it has been sitting a LOT:( Check the dates on the tires, check battery health, and change the oil.

EBR's are like that dirty girl you knew in high school. They were made to be ridden. Hard. Spoil her with on-time maintenance, and spank her often. Being mamby-pamby-sissy-momma will make her steal your wallet and leave you on the side of the road.

My list of mandatory mods:)
    A 44 tooth rear sprocket from JD sprockets ($30)
    A quickshifter sensor Dyno-jet 4-104 ($110), the dash update will turn the feature on so the "linear-push" sensor is all you need, the plug is right there. REV-mo.com and NCCR both have beautiful bolt on solutions as well.
    Get the IDS "tips" ECM ($300), remove the exhaust resonator, and add whatever cool tips you like to the muffler outlet (tell IDS you have the 44 tooth sprocket and the gear indicator will be OK). If you like LOUD, I have a Neighbor Hater from APH. A "Race" re-packable muffler and matching ECM for sale. It's expensive, beautiful, light, and the power gains are HUGE.

If you like fast, naked bikes, you will NOT regret this.

EBRforum Newb
    Aw man just hearing this puts a grin on my face, this is totally the bike for me!!! It says it’s number 134, so I don’t know if that’s early or not, it has the resonator delete and ecm, but there’s no cool tips on it, so I’ll definitely get those. I’ve read about the 44T, it seems like that makes a pretty big difference.

Definitely going to need a quickshifter, that would make this bike even better

Thanks for all the help!

No cool tips? If you're handy with a death wheel you can make some yourself. The ones they sell are 2", but the trick is to use 2.25" tubing and it fits over the outlets instead of inside. I like!

The QS is one of my TOP favorite things:)

Your welcome glad to help, enjoy the ride.

EBRforum Newb
    Wow that looks sweet! I’m pretty stoked about this, hopefully I can get it, I’ll definitely post it on here if I do!!