Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hungry for a sale

I think it's going to take time. Neither dealers nor consumers really know the bikes yet. Sure, the factory should make efforts to educate both, but some things just take time. Most lay-people don't even know what a Buell was, and most riders think EBR still is Buell (or don't even know they're back).

And when I comes to buying a bike, I think that's long process. Many people buying today were probably thinking about buying a year ago (when EBR wasn't selling production bikes), so EBR isn't even on the short-list of bikes they're considering.

They have made a good product and they're getting good press, so better understanding and recognition will come with time . . . but it will take time.

For now, enjoy the fact that we own very rare and unique bikes.

If we don't help EBR get a handle on selling these things, the dealers will drop them and EBR will fold leaving us with very exclusive rare bikes that we can't get parts or service for.

Quote Originally Posted by Classax View Post
    If we don't help EBR get a handle on selling these things, the dealers will drop them and EBR will fold leaving us with very exclusive rare bikes that we can't get parts or service for.
    Maybe I'm naïve, but I can't imagine things becoming that dire. The hard work was done over the past 5 years, and now that EBR has two world-class models, that's a real, tangible asset. I would imagine if things got tight, Hero would provide the cash to keep things running until EBR gets their feet under them. If Hero gets cold feet, there have to be other companies who can recognize what EBR has done and the potential value. How nicely would a superbike round out the Polaris line? How about Can-Am adding a two-wheeler to their line-up? We've seen auto-makers buying motorcycle brands. Maybe Ford would make an offer. Or maybe Yamaha would recognize the value of an American brand to bring under their umbrella.

They're too close now to allow a few bad dealers to break them. Some dealers will drop the brand. Good riddance. Others will fill the void and the good ones will thrive. Survival of the fittest.

Again, I may be naïve or short-sighted, but I believe good dealers, like AF1, will be selling EBR's 20 years from now and beyond
    Last edited by Scott; 10-03-2014 at 09:04 PM.

EBRforum Newb
    I'm nearly ready to order an EBR but I'm still a bit up in the air between the SX and RX. Has anyone heard of any year-end specials on the SX?

I understand the desire to get the best possbile price on a bike, but by the same token I believe that in the Biblical command " Thou shalt not glean the fields" which basically means don't run your business so that you're squeezing all the life out of the land and the people you do business with. Right now there are specials on both the SX and RX, you may find that price drop toward the end of the ridding season but what good is saving a few $100 on a bike you can't ride for 4 months. A better question might be, am I a sportbike guy who might do a track day or two or more a year? In which case you'll love the RX or are you a street rider who likes to hooligan their way through your commutes, in which case you would be better served by an SX. Pricing bewtween the two isn't enough to quibble about.

$2000 off SX right now....just announced

Quote Originally Posted by Ed / AF1 Racing View Post
    Wow!

EBRforum Newb
    Quote Originally Posted by Classax View Post
    I understand the desire to get the best possbile price on a bike, but by the same token I believe that in the Biblical command " Thou shalt not glean the fields" which basically means don't run your business so that you're squeezing all the life out of the land and the people you do business with.
    I absolutely agree. A couple hundred on a $15K bike isn't worth stressing over to me, but with EBR doing the $2000 incentives I definitely take notice. I'd rather support the a dealer that treated me great from day one rather than save a few bucks at some other place.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed / AF1 Racing View Post
    My dealer just gave me a shout about that!

Unfortunately, I went for a test ride on the SX and have decided it's not the bike for me. I'm definitely going to keep an eye on EBR since I'd still love to have one of their bikes in my garage sometime, their current range aren't a good fit for me yet though.
    Last edited by Knolly; 10-10-2014 at 12:01 PM.