Thread: Pirelli TD tires

Pirelli TD tires

I converted my SX to a RX for trackday only fun! I decided not to run slicks/ tire warmers/ generator for simplicities sake, and now that DOT tires are ridiculously good I've been running Q3+ on the EBR and honestly pretty happy with them.

I'd love to try the Pirelli Supercorsa TD tires but they only come in 180 and 200. Anyone have experience? Do 200's even fit? I realize it's more than just a width difference, the profile is very important.

I hope to hear someones EBR track experience, thanks so much!

EBRforum Junkie
    I run the Pirelli Slicks in a 200 and they fit, with more contact patch as well. The 200's are 1/2" taller than the oem Supercoursa from the factory, iirc.

Awesome, thank you for the info. Did you notice any changes in turning from the different profile in the rear?

EBRforum Newb
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    I converted my SX to a RX for trackday only fun! I decided not to run slicks/ tire warmers/ generator for simplicities sake, and now that DOT tires are ridiculously good I've been running Q3+ on the EBR and honestly pretty happy with them.

I'd love to try the Pirelli Supercorsa TD tires but they only come in 180 and 200. Anyone have experience? Do 200's even fit? I realize it's more than just a width difference, the profile is very important.

I hope to hear someones EBR track experience, thanks so much!
    I haven't tried them but maybe give the Dunlop Q4 a try?

Also have you seen the new milwaukee power supply? Might be a good alternative to a generator for tire warmers if you want to go to slicks. https://www.milwaukeetool.com/Produc...-Supply/MXF002

Whoa! You are blowing my MIND kona. We use all Milwaukee at the shop and I didn't know they made that... Thank so much for the heads up! I have this knack for being the guy who get the rattly chinese generator guy parking on top of me. At least those people know there 110dB generators are loud, so they put them as far as they can away from their own pit. In my face:( There aught to be a law

I'm using the rest of the Q3+ tires I got on sale before I move to Q4's. People like those too
    Last edited by Cooter; 05-18-2020 at 05:14 PM.

EBRforum Newb
    Yea it looks like a pretty cool solution. Biggest benefit is with something that cycles on and off like warmers. You arent wasting energy when things are off. Gas generators keep running regardless of demand.