Thread: OEM Parts Availability Comparison: 1125 vs 1190

EBRforum Newb

OEM Parts Availability Comparison: 1125 vs 1190

FNG to Buell and EBR. Thinking of buying either a 1125 or 1190. From an OEM parts availability standpoint, would appreciate hearing opinions on which is better.

Thanks

That is the first question asked by 100% of new Buell owners... but it's a silly question. It's a question about YOU. Not the Brand.
    Are YOU the type to have the dealer adjust your tire pressure? Do you stay up at night because your bike made one weird noise two days ago? Are you anal-retentive?
    OR
    Do you appreciate something with character? "Character" meaning odd, rare, unusual, finicky when left alone, rock solid when used, and that one flaw that makes you name it. No one names new cars because they are all the same blob of soul-sucking 'transportation' and zero character. Ask someone old about their first car, I bet it had a name.
    What parts? tires? chain? oil? lightbulbs? Theres isn't a maintenance part isn't covered by the aftermarket. Engine? Frame? Now ask yourself "Self, would you? really?".

I have owned all sorts of Buells over the years, and never had a problem getting anything I wanted. Sure some are over ten (t)ears* old now and there are weird, rare options like branded saddlebags, but do you really think you can't find mirrors? levers? handlebars?

They made way more 1125's but EBR is still open for business if you need 1190 stuff. 1125's have a well known, mostly all fixed, charging issue in 2009. 1190's have some relatively inexpensive quirks as well. This is a great place to get good info, but please Lord stay off of that Facebook madness. Lots of people spouting guesses as fact...
    Buy whatever bike you like, can't go wrong with either. The 1190 is lightyears ahead of the 1125 in a pure sport bike sense (IMO the 1190 is THE absolute BEST bang for you buck, by a miiiillllleeeee), but both are stupid fun and very dependable. There isn't much to maintain on any Buell. Thats why they take the neglect most MC's get with aplomb and keep on ticking. (Literally, ahaha)

* came back to edit, but too true to change;)

EBRforum Newb
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    That is the first question asked by 100% of new Buell owners... but it's a silly question. It's a question about YOU. Not the Brand.
    Are YOU the type to have the dealer adjust your tire pressure? Do you stay up at night because your bike made one weird noise two days ago? Are you anal-retentive?
    OR
    Do you appreciate something with character? "Character" meaning odd, rare, unusual, finicky when left alone, rock solid when used, and that one flaw that makes you name it. No one names new cars because they are all the same blob of soul-sucking 'transportation' and zero character. Ask someone old about their first car, I bet it had a name.
    What parts? tires? chain? oil? lightbulbs? Theres isn't a maintenance part isn't covered by the aftermarket. Engine? Frame? Now ask yourself "Self, would you? really?".

I have owned all sorts of Buells over the years, and never had a problem getting anything I wanted. Sure some are over ten (t)ears* old now and there are weird, rare options like branded saddlebags, but do you really think you can't find mirrors? levers? handlebars?

They made way more 1125's but EBR is still open for business if you need 1190 stuff. 1125's have a well known, mostly all fixed, charging issue in 2009. 1190's have some relatively inexpensive quirks as well. This is a great place to get good info, but please Lord stay off of that Facebook madness. Lots of people spouting guesses as fact...
    Buy whatever bike you like, can't go wrong with either. The 1190 is lightyears ahead of the 1125 in a pure sport bike sense (IMO the 1190 is THE absolute BEST bang for you buck, by a miiiillllleeeee), but both are stupid fun and very dependable. There isn't much to maintain on any Buell. Thats why they take the neglect most MC's get with aplomb and keep on ticking. (Literally, ahaha)

* came back to edit, but too true to change;)
    Silly question notwithstanding, I appreciate your opinion.

I spent years riding, living with and wrenching on five different Bimota models, all of which offered up the character, performance and the intangible pride of ownership that you talk about, with similar potential challenges to Buell/EBR ownership. I know, buy/ride a Jap bike if I don't want to be concerned about parts/quirks etc... I've been my own M/C mechanic and parts counter man since 1966. I'm just looking for a balance and trying to get a feel in advance for the required commitment of owning a Buell 1125 or EBR.

Looking forward to reading other member's perspectives.

Thanks and Happy Riding.

I'd like to shout out, Amen to Brother Cooter, he speaks the truth.
    Current rides:
    2015 EBR 1190SX
    2006 Buell XB12Ss