Thread: How many 1190RS bikes were actually built?

EBRforum Newb

How many 1190RS bikes were actually built?

Does anyone know how many RS's were actually built? And how many carbon edition ones were built? I've heard conflicting info. Is there a registry somewhere?

Also, did all the RS bikes come with Magnesium wheels, or were those limited to special order or only a certain batch of them?

EBRforum Newb
    I believe it was only 44 in 2012. After that model year im not sure.

EBRforum Novice
    Around a third of that in 2013, and around a third of the grand total were fiberglass 'base' models, most of which went racing. Only a few early ones had magnesium wheels.

EBRforum Junkie
    According to EBR, there were 135 total - 100 built in 2012 and 35 built in 2013.* Many of these went to race teams, so there's no way currently to know how many went to dealerships to sale to the public. Of the ones that went on sale to the public, most were carbon fiber (2012 carbon black only, but for 2013 either carbon black or carbon red). In 2012 however, 4 bikes were made with fiberglass bodywork (2 in Abraxas Inferno (orange), 1 in Boreas Frost (white), and 1 Mayhem red (red, white, and black)).

I am working on a registry currently, but the race bikes make it difficult to track - most teams have multiple bikes that look identical, and many smaller race teams purchase their bikes from previous race teams and put new livery on them so it's hard to follow...but I'm working on it.

* Many say that EBR didn't build the entire 135 bikes, whereas there have been a few that have claimed they actually built a handful more than the 135. The VINs I have located have been spread all over the 135 VIN numbers, so IF they didn't make all of them, they would have had to skip a VIN number or two randomly. Also adding to the difficulty in finding them is the fact that many probably got snatched up immediately by collectors and are stored away in their crates, never seeing the light of day and therefore never making themselves known online to be found for documentation.
    Last edited by qurtrn10; 11-04-2019 at 11:06 PM. Reason: Adding info

This guy is awesome ^^^^

EBRforum Newb
    Wow, would be interesting to see the registry. Do you keep it open to public, or is it private? Mine is a 2013, VIN ending in 0004

EBRforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    Wow, would be interesting to see the registry. Do you keep it open to public, or is it private? Mine is a 2013, VIN ending in 0004
    PM sent.