Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Solution for "Hunting" during consistent RPM / Throttle position?

Quote Originally Posted by Owens View Post
    When I was in the break in period I accidentally hit 6k rpm. I wasn't watching the guage, but I felt the bike just start pulling away from me. When I looked down it was just over 6k so I backed off quick. After break in I've had it up to about 8k....It's literally too fast for street riding at that point, at least here in Knoxville. "They've gone plaid!!" LOL
    HAHA 8K too fast, yea most definitely. Only place I really got to wind it out at was at the track. HELL YEA!!!...till I remembered I was still on TC7.

EBRforum Newb
    I ride with the traction control off and just rely on throttle control, but I'm thinking about turning it back on to see if I notice a difference. There's been a couple of times that it felt like the back tire was coming out from under me. I just don't like relying on the electronics to "fix" something that I feel like I should learn to do on my own. I consider myself a new rider, still. I've only owned / ridden motorcycles for 2 years (I'm a late bloomer). I think a lot of folks would consider an EBR too much bike for my skill level, and I agree. But there was no way I was going to pass up a brand new EBR at $7000 after falling in love with Buell motorcycles (my first motorcycle is a 2003 XB9s). I remember when I first saw a Buell at the Harley Shop in Knoxville. My Dad (who's had Harleys since I can remember) pointed it out. It took me 15 years to get one, but I got one. Then EBR came about. I saw the Sx, and I knew I had to have one. Kinda got carried away there, but I'm sure you can relate. There's just nothing like Buell / EBR.