Thread: Tankbags that work on the RX ?

EBRforum ProvNov

Tankbags that work on the RX ?

Has anyone had success with tank bags on the RX ? I tried several at the local Cycle Gear, but they were all either too wide, too tall or both - they were all CG's own brands, Sedici and Bilt, so not that surprising. Has anyone tried one of the Cortech Super 2.0 bags - they look like they might work ?

EBRforum Newb
    I run a Cortech strap type

I run a strap type with the front strap around the steering neck it didn't hold as solid as I liked, so I ran the strap under the airbag cover (over the actual airbox) and it's really solid now!

EBRforum Newb
    I cut the straps and use the screws on the front of the air box then drilled a hole and used a bolt for the back under the seat

EBRforum Junkie
    I use the OGIO mini tank bag. It has four arms that have magnets on them. I cut off the two side pieces, removed the magnets and mounted them to the inside of the airbox, aligned with where the top and bottom magnets of the tank bag would be. Now the bag just sits on the tank with the magnets, and I throw the supplied safety loop around the handlebar as added security just in case I happen to knock it off the magnets.

EBRforum ProvNov

Tankbag update

I ended up with the Cortech 2.0 12 litre tankbag - it just fits. The front buckles have to be pulled in towards the centre so that they drop into the indentations around the gas cap, otherwise they become new lockstops. The front harness is H-shaped, the horizontal is two straps with Velco, so they can reposition the buckles effectively and safely - I had no problems on a 5-day 1000 mile ride, nothing loosened or shifted. The bag doesn't hang over the back of the "tank" like the others I tried, so it doesn't interfere at all when riding. I looped the rear strap around the seat mount crossbar, just off-centre to miss the seat bolt, and then just ran it forward over the battery and up between the seat and airbox cover. All in all a pretty nice piece of kit.

Hope this helps others :)