Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2017 SX #10 gunmetal gray MINE!

EBRforum Newb
    Quote Originally Posted by bjpell View Post
    Pretty sweet. I bet is really loud. Do you need earplugs or is the noise shot away from your right ear enough your ok?
    It will sound real similar to my dual exit from APH, and yes its pretty loud. Ill get insurance on it in the next week or two and you can hear it then. Ive turned into quite the fair weather rider so not in a big rush yet.

I like to ride with earplugs for longer rides but its not needed.

Quote Originally Posted by konarider94 View Post
    It will sound real similar to my dual exit from APH, and yes its pretty loud. Ill get insurance on it in the next week or two and you can hear it then. Ive turned into quite the fair weather rider so not in a big rush yet.

I like to ride with earplugs for longer rides but its not needed.
    Not really I have had both on my bike , the single outlet is deeper & throatier , Yes my choice of the two. JMO. both awesome pipe Alan is the best to deal with !!!!

EBRforum Newb
    Quote Originally Posted by EBRRider View Post
    Not really I have had both on my bike , the single outlet is deeper & throatier , Yes my choice of the two. JMO. both awesome pipe Alan is the best to deal with !!!!
    Interesting, I havent had both so I have to accept your word somewhat. Id like to see a blindfolded comparison test or a frequency response graph to really sell me.

My buddy has a single outlet on his 1125 from dean and its not that much different than mine which is why im so surprised. Both Dean's and Alan's pipes for these bikes are really loud, I dont think it makes a big difference which one you hear. It will be better than trying to gauge it from a youtube video.

Im pretty sure the only difference between the dual and single from aph is just the exit. All the guts should be the same. The same IDS ecm works for both.

Quote Originally Posted by konarider94 View Post
    Interesting, I havent had both so I have to accept your word somewhat. Id like to see a blindfolded comparison test or a frequency response graph to really sell me.

My buddy has a single outlet on his 1125 from dean and its not that much different than mine which is why im so surprised. Both Dean's and Alan's pipes for these bikes are really loud, I dont think it makes a big difference which one you hear. It will be better than trying to gauge it from a youtube video.

Im pretty sure the only difference between the dual and single from aph is just the exit. All the guts should be the same. The same IDS ecm works for both.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11111111.JPG 
Views:	256 
Size:	442.4 KB 
ID:	2115 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN7701.jpg 
Views:	307 
Size:	149.9 KB 
ID:	2116

My Man Cooter did the testing

Ok that was fun... so heres the info
    I did all the testing with the most appropriate ECM, in the same location using the Niosh iPhone app 6' from the tip, in a 4000' bldg, warm engine.
    Idle, 5k and 7k.

Stock resonator 80dB, 94dB, 100dB (Quiet. Too quiet and rattly)
    Stock muffler with 2.5" tips on the OD of the muffler outlets 88dB, 97dB, 106dB (really nice deep tone and mellow volume)
    Open headers (LOUD) Probably maxed the 'meter' and the snow falling is insulation from the roof. 102db, 117dB, 124dB! (The dead are coming to complain about the noise)
    APH RACE Y-pipe only 100dB, 111dB, 118dB (Meaty)
    APH RACE y-pipe and muffler with single tip 90dB, 105dB, 110dB (Deep tone, and ok on the highway but your neighbors hate you. It's totally worth the performance increase though)

Thank man^^^^ I was looking for that to post it here

Quote Originally Posted by EBRRider View Post
    My Man Cooter did the testing

Ok that was fun... so heres the info
    I did all the testing with the most appropriate ECM, in the same location using the Niosh iPhone app 6' from the tip, in a 4000' bldg, warm engine.
    Idle, 5k and 7k.

Stock resonator 80dB, 94dB, 100dB (Quiet. Too quiet and rattly)
    Stock muffler with 2.5" tips on the OD of the muffler outlets 88dB, 97dB, 106dB (really nice deep tone and mellow volume)
    Open headers (LOUD) Probably maxed the 'meter' and the snow falling is insulation from the roof. 102db, 117dB, 124dB! (The dead are coming to complain about the noise)
    APH RACE Y-pipe only 100dB, 111dB, 118dB (Meaty)
    APH RACE y-pipe and muffler with single tip 90dB, 105dB, 110dB (Deep tone, and ok on the highway but your neighbors hate you. It's totally worth the performance increase though)
    Fired up the XB9 without a muffler and it was quieter then the SX with just the 2ndary removed.