Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Time to get my hands on a SX!

EBRforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by herwawan View Post
    Hi everyone!

After a couple of missed opportunities, seems like it's finally time for me to get my hands on a SX. I've been riding a Buell XB12 for a bit which got me addicted to Erik Buell's vision of what a motorcycle should be! I'm scheduled to get it this week, so I figured might as well run some info on this forum about the details about it so you guy can give me good feedback.

The big thing about it is that it was in a slow speed low side so the cosmetic isn't in great (some plastics are scratched and some broken). The mechanic sounds good though. The bike was warm when I went to see it, fired right up, cooling fans started one after another and the engine revved normally with no weird sound. The visual inspection was also okay with the following main information:

- 2014 model
    - 7,500 miles

- I noticed some cracks on the exhaust, seems to be corrosion induced. It has the muffler delete kit and corresponding ecm / Don't really know what to do but replace that part

I don't know if I'm ready for 80% more power than my XB, but I know I'm looking forward to being part of the EBR family!

Max.
    Yeah, that's an easy fix if you know the right guy.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	imageedit_2_6956487406.jpg 
Views:	260 
Size:	129.2 KB 
ID:	2101

EBRforum Newb
    I picked the bike up yesterday, what a thing. I find it very easy to ride, it's fascinating. And yeah, it pulls hard, VERY hard. I thought my eyes were about to pop out of my skull for a second, but I kept WOT because it was bananas!

@d_adams you're the right guy! And good to know for the Dash and the mileage, thanks!

I believe it already has you work on it:

Name:	51548685_2564760040206206_7035813840017162240_o.jpg 
Views:	299 
Size:	617.5 KB 
ID:	2102

The guy couldn't tell me what exactly this exhaust remover was as it was the original owner who put it on with a matching ECM. I'm sure you'll be able to tell!

Look at the ECM it should say secondary delete on it form IDS that would be the correct one.

EBRforum Junkie
    I picked the bike up yesterday, what a thing. I find it very easy to ride, it's fascinating. And yeah, it pulls hard, VERY hard. I thought my eyes were about to pop out of my skull for a second, but I kept WOT because it was bananas!

@d_adams you're the right guy! And good to know for the Dash and the mileage, thanks!

I believe it already has you work on it:

Name:	51548685_2564760040206206_7035813840017162240_o.jpg 
Views:	299 
Size:	617.5 KB 
ID:	2102

The guy couldn't tell me what exactly this exhaust remover was as it was the original owner who put it on with a matching ECM. I'm sure you'll be able to tell!
    Look under the seat, as mentioned, it should have an IDS sticker on the ecm. Can't miss it if it's there.

EBRforum Newb
    I just brought the bike home tonight! Feels good, very good. Can't wait to bring it to the open roads, in the city I feel like it's a bit clumsy sometimes. Like, it feels like turning left is easier than right haha

Another funny thing I noticed - I don't have the "whining" noise coming from the chain. We visually checked the tension with Cooter and it looks fine. Not a big deal, but I definitely noticed it isn't here (Did I watch too many EBR videos on YouTube over the year? Probably!)

Regarding the conversation up above, I haven't checked the ECM under the seat yet - will do later on!

Man, I'm in love!
    Last edited by herwawan; 03-08-2019 at 09:55 AM.

EBRforum Newb

Name:	IMG_1737.jpg 
Views:	313 
Size:	13.1 KB 
ID:	2109

It is indeed an IDS one - so I guess it's matching!

I just brought the bike home tonight! Feels good, very good. Can't wait to bring it to the open roads, in the city I feel like it's a bit clumsy sometimes. Like, it feels like turning left is easier than right haha

Another funny thing I noticed - I don't have the "whining" noise coming from the chain. We visually checked the tension with Cooter and it looks fine. Not a big deal, but I definitely noticed it isn't here (Did I watch too many EBR videos on YouTube over the year? Probably!)

Regarding the conversation up above, I haven't checked the ECM under the seat yet - will do later on!

Man, I'm in love!
    You meet Cooter ?? Watch that guy close. JK, He is a super guy knows his stuff you are in good hands.

EBRforum Newb
    Quote Originally Posted by EBRRider View Post
    You meet Cooter ?? Watch that guy close. JK, He is a super guy knows his stuff you are in good hands.
    That's right! And it's totally his fault if I now have an EBR. Offered me to ride his last year and look at me know rid

I went for two long rides these last days, I get a better feeling about the bike. It's definitely 100% different from the XB12. The Buell feels like to easiest bike to live with EVER compared to the EBR haha

Name:	C950FBCE-530C-4719-B5A8-EC2E66D2A84D.jpg 
Views:	422 
Size:	368.1 KB 
ID:	2110

I also ran into a few things that need attention.

- The bike doesn't fire up at the first try sometimes. It usually works the second time, though
    - "Communication error" on the dash - of course! EBRRider, you nailed the solution a few answers ago
    - The "TC" icon on the dash randomly blinks at lower speed, with no specific reason (straight line, 1/10 throttle and below 30mph)
    - The gearbox is kinda tricky, and the neutral is a PITA to get
    - I don't ear the "whining" noise coming from the chain tensioner. Must be something.
    - I need new grips, the current ones are held only with steel wire (not even a joke)
    - The suspension setting is weird, it's unstable when bumpy. Need to adjust it to my weight and see from there

And that's pretty much it for now, although I'm sure the list will evolve as I keep riding it!
    Last edited by herwawan; 03-10-2019 at 12:37 AM.

EBRforum ProvNov
    A little late to the table, but the TC icon flashing is a problem I have on my RX - it is a tone ring warped outside spec. I don't know what the correct spec is, but EBR Tech said that my measured runout of 50 thou was the cause of my constantly-engaging traction control. Mine would kick in in a straight line at a constant 60mph causing what felt like a misfire. Once I disabled the TC the bike ran perfectly. Well, until today... :)