Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Guy

Thats odd. BuellXB.com should be fine? Try Badweatherbikers.com mostly Uly but a vast wealth of knowledge from a few of the original players.

EBRforum Newb
    I did finally get signed up to XB. Thanks. I love it that the folks on these forums are pretty knowledgeable .

EBRforum Newb
    I'm still in learn and decide mode. I'll admit to a bit of an addiction to torque (and HP) but... Maybe I should be practical?

Awhile back some guy in the basement said : "But as a daily, an XB will win the day, the week and the month."

With that in mind, which XB (or XBs) are at the top of the list? TIA, Bob

I have a long inseam so I would take my Ss converted STT to go to the store for milk, or ride with Obi-Wan and Charlie around this little blue marble. The combo of long suspension travel, packable frame length, light weight, and Flintstones-era tech dependability (fixability?) are all wins to me. Flickable size, and long distance comfort. Still have to get more fuel in her though....

Hey Bob, welcome to the Fun!
    I got a 2006 XB12Ss and a 2015 EBR SX. The XB is like a well trained, quarter horse. And the SX is like a Stallion during breeding season. The XB is more city traffic friendly and the SX just wants to get out and Run! They are both a LOT of fun, and they both handle the curves excellent. The XB, you can putt around or hammer it and it performs well (12 second 1/4 mile). The SX is wicked fast (10 second 1/4 mile) but is less friendly with slow speeds and traffic. I think a lot depends on where you are going to ride it the most.
    Last edited by StrangeTrip; 02-05-2019 at 08:07 PM.

EBRforum Newb
    For sure I'd like an EBR but I don't have the financial resources. (I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy) So I had thought that an 1125 might be almost as good. I discovered that a friend has an 1125 and that kind of started it. He said the 'Rotax' was worth it. But now I'm finding that an XB (Harley power) might be the way to go. So what about the Ulyses? Does its off-road suspension concessions change an XB enough to take away from canyon carving fun?

I would say, try to ride them all first and see which feels the best. Go to www.cycle-ergo.com and put in your info and you can see how you will fit the various bikes. I know the Ulysses guys love them, more comfort, taller handlebars and more upright seating position. Taller suspension too. The XB Ulysses and the XB12Ss share the same frame, little bit longer for taller guys. All the other XB's have the shorter frame. Financially speaking, I would say an XB would be best bet, oil changes, batteries and tires are about it. Easy maintenance.

I agree with StrangeTrip. Theres no better bang/buck than an XB. Especially for a daily. Pick the right one though! They made them long and short, super low, low, medium, tall, and super tall, small engine and big engine. Pick your poison. Either way, you never be adjusting valves, lubing or replacing the chain, flushing the coolant...
    I have noticed that by initially spending a little more for a nice example makes a HUGE difference in the trouble you'll get by buying one that been beat on its whole life.

My XB-STT has tall suspension similar to a Uly and I have no chicken strips at all on the back tire. You won't be sacrificing any handling if a tall bike fits you better, but you sure will ride it more:)

EBRforum Newb
    Ah hah. Looking like an XB is the likely choice. The Uly looks comfy and practical but the R looks to be more sporty. Oh golly.

Welcome Bob, above S Trip & Cooter Hit the nail on the head tell you about the XB Great bikes I have a SX and a XB ,I love my XB 09 SCG.

3 some_056 by Jack Joseph, on Flickr