Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: '16 Grey SX #007....how to get it home

'16 Grey SX #007...

Finishing up the paper work for my bike. Already buying parts for it and don't even have possession of it yet.

I have some lowered pegs, programmable ECM, Bought a valve shim kit, and finally some stands.

I'm in Wa and the bike is in Az.
    Lead time to get it shipped is around 2 weeks.
    I'm debating driving down and picking it up myself or.....
    Fly down and ride back. Roadtrip sounds fun. Never did anything this long on a bike before.
    I know I would have to do an oil change.
    What about the constant engine speed? That is discouraged according to the manual.
    How feasible is it to get a new bike and do a 1300 mile trip first thing?
    Last edited by Rb70383; 03-31-2019 at 01:23 PM.

Had it delivered and good thing I did. I did ask them to go over the bike.

Bike showed up, wouldnt start good thing too. Not such what oil was in there and it was 32 degrees.
    Changed oil first thing. It wasnt checked at all by the dealer. Bike has an AGM battery. the original bettery is gone. I was able to jump charge the bettery enough for it to start the bike. Took the battery out and hooked it up to a running vehicle to chargBike only had 29 miles so I think I may have driven it rougher then the first 29 miles. Gas was low enough to trip the fuel light when on the side stand. EBR's own original gas? lol

Added case sliders, not sure if I should add the R&G aero sliders. Read about frame damage by those. I also have axle sliders, and need to order some CRG arrow mirrors. Stock right one would hold adjustment not sure how to tighten but the arrow mirrors look better anyways.

I have the IDS programmable ECM wanted to do the secondary delete but I'll wait till after breakin. However I wanted to try to disable the throttle solenoid and leave the secondary muffler on. Anyone know how to disable the intake solenoid using the IDS software?

got some other plans. waiting for the winter shutdown. Today should be getting a heated liner so I can squeeze out a little more riding out.

Congrats on the new bike! You'll love it:)

IMHO You might as well do the secondary delete now (with the IDS "tips" program). My feeling is that they run so lean from the factory, a little more fuel will do them good, especially at break-in. I would also put some Zinc additive in the oil now. You want it to wear, especially the rings, that's why it's called break-in. New machining is amazing, but new oils are just too good and won't allow proper wear. No red-line, no constant engine speed, no long idling, no high loads when cold. Party;)

Part #Y0248.1am. Or just remove (or unplug) the solenoid and put a 120 Ohm 1/4w resistor across the terminals of a deutch DT06-2S-P006 connector to disable the check engine light. Your IDS ECM should have it disabled already.

Don't forget a 43 tooth sprocket from JD sprockets (JTR1490.43), and a (4-114 iirc) Dynojet quick shifter switch. Both are unbelievably good mods.
    Last edited by Cooter; 11-16-2018 at 01:05 PM.

Thanks
    Going to have to play with PCM. Not even sure how to change the sprocket teeth yet or see if solenoid is disabled that way I'll just remove it.
    I can smell oil burning. It appears to be coming from the rear header under the heat shield.

Can you use stock length chain? Or go up 2 links? Sorry first chain driven bike.

Welcome let the fun begun, With a 43 t stock chain fits fine.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTs...lf_id=0&view=0

The OE chain is an "endless" chain. No master link.
    You can go up to a 44t sprocket on a stock length chain.

Thanks. I’ll aim for the 43t however I am going for the black lightning look. Only
    thing my bike is grey. Gonna get some things powder coated. I have to look at an oil leak as I can smell oil burning and see a little smoke coming from the rear heat shield.

Endless chain means I’ll need a chain breaker correct? Time to buy some chain tools.
    Last edited by Rb70383; 11-24-2018 at 06:42 PM.

EBRforum Junkie
    Yes to breaking the chain. Motion Pro PBR tool works well, air die grinder works to get it ground down.

I have a spare 43T if you want it, just pay postage. Only has 200 miles on it. Vortex 821-43
    I had it with the stock ECU and it read 1,2,3,4,4,5 on the gear indicator. So I bought a 44T and the secondary delete ECM for the 44T.

SOLD, EBRRider needed it.
    Last edited by StrangeTrip; 11-27-2018 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StrangeTrip View Post
    I have a spare 43T if you want it, just pay postage. Only has 200 miles on it. Vortex 821-43
    I had it with the stock ECU and it read 1,2,3,4,4,5 on the gear indicator. So I bought a 44T and the secondary delete ECM for the 44T.
    pm ed you ,thxName:  sproctet.JPG
Views: 809
Size:  101.7 KB 5800 miles
    Last edited by EBRRider; 11-27-2018 at 07:34 PM.