Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2014 RX Down, Bad rear wheel???

EBRforum Newb
    Just a few notes on what they are saying the FB group. The bike is 100% stock no chain or sprocket modifications.
    I will consider the chain coming loose to cause the rear wheel to lock up. I've seen a few different opinions on chain tension on these bikes but last time I checked it was right at what the manufacture suggested. which was probably about 300 miles ago.
    However, that doesn't explain the wheel damage. As far as I could tell there the rear wheel did not collide with the curb. The top of the bike was along the curb when I picked it up not the wheel. 1/2 of the entire left side of the wheel is gone and I found pieces in the middle of the road.
    My personal thought wheel fractured causing the tire to slide to the left side which then caused the chain to hop off the sprocket.
    Everything happened so fast and it will probably be one of those unsolved mysteries. I'm just sharing my EBR experience here, I had plans for this bike so its kind of a bummer for me. But I'll probably be letting insurance take this one and I'll look for something else, been thinking Buell 1125CR.

Factory defect, possible with small-scale production
    EBR 1190 RX