Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ebr 1190sx vs 1125 cr vs xb12r question

EBRforum Newb

Ebr 1190sx vs 1125 cr vs xb12r question

I have a chance to buy any of the 3 of these bikes in good condition with low miles, they are all really nice , the 1190sx is just flat beautiful and my first choice, I have 2 shops somewhat close that do maintenance and repair on ebr and Buell, my question is , what do you think the long term parts availability on the 1190sx is with production stopped at this time, lots of parts around for the xb and 1125cr, what would you do?

1) Buy it.

2) see #1

3) see #2

Ride it, enjoy it, modify it to your likes. 177hp, 410lbs, and under $10K??? You'll never regret it.

EBRforum Newb
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    1) Buy it.

2) see #1

Ride it, enjoy it, modify it to your likes. 177hp, 410lbs, and under $10K??? You'll never regret it.

thanks cooter, are,parts some interchangeable with the rotation Buell?

Ya some basics are the same, but really what could you be looking for?
    Any maintenance part oil filter, chain, tires, is all available aftermarket. Remember EBR is still a functioning company, they just don't make bikes anymore. The dealers are still full of new parts (like SPHDonline.com) so if you want different plastic colors.... and anything else is an easy e-bay click away. LAP sells lots of EBR parts on there and If you catch a sale you're GTG. I went ahead and got an extra front sprocket, chain rub guard, things like that but no worries about availability.

EBRforum Newb
    Awesome info cooter. Feel much better now)

Honestly the XB12 will be the bike that is easiest and most fun to ride with the CR coming in second. The SX/RX is a whole different beast with raw power. I've had a XB9 then CR and now RX. I love my RX but it's only a matter of time before something breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryS1980 View Post
    but it's only a matter of time before something breaks.
    Why would you have that opinion? Even with dedicated forums like this one that have people complaining of the possibility of the tiniest flaw....their failure rate is minuscule. Especially considering the ultralow production numbers, and being a brand new model. Ever heard of KTM?, Ducati?, BMW? Haha my riding buddies are in the shop a vastly larger amount of time than I have to work on the SX.

You have a valid point that the 3 bikes are completely different. Even the CR and the SX (that could be seen as built for the same purpose) are a drastically different experience. I have ridden the SX as much as 400 miles in a day comfortably (no freeways) but I also know it is by far the most powerful mid range accelerating bike I've ever ridden. It accelerates violently and immediately. If you aren't ready to own a bike like that, get one with less.

It crushes everything with torque from idle to it's redline.
    fullsizeoutput_817 by Cooter!, on Flickr

Don't get your panties in a bunch over what I said. I'm not bashing your bike.

The dash will go out and the front header will crack, it's inevitable. The repairs for those are not cheap.

Yes, the fairing cracks and starter issues are minute.

15k miles on both XB and CR. Nothing but oil changes and new tires..
    Last edited by TerryS1980; 09-08-2018 at 05:24 PM.

Such a Negative incorrect view point ! IMO ^^^^^^
    Last edited by EBRRider; 09-09-2018 at 12:53 PM.

EBR Forum not-withstanding...I don't really care if you like my bike and I'm not wearing panties. Today anyway. lol.

Just to play devils advocate, lets say your opinions are actually true. They aren't, but I do see how you could believe that if you surf the net more than you ride it, but that's not a 'you' problem, it's an 'internet' problem. I digress...

A front header $147.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/14-15-Ebr-1...dZEJwk&vxp=mtr

A n instrument cluster $350:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-15-EBR...xbTLUp&vxp=mtr

Just for example, my riding buddy has 2500 miles on his 2018 Panigale Final Edition. In the 4 months he's owned it, it's been to the dealer three times and the last ride had to be towed because the cooling fan has it's own ECM that failed. $1340.
    This is a ​forty thousand dollar motorcycle with very similar specs as the lowly EBR I ride. I'll keep mine and ride the piss out of it even if I have to put an O-ring on the starter.