Thread: Round headlight and cafe subframe

EBRforum Newb

Round headlight and cafe subframe

Hate to piss off the purists, but anyone have links or details to a round headlight conversion, a cafe style rear subframe/seat, and clubman bars for the 1190sx?

I'm planning a reversible conversion, but would love to see if someone has done a clean job.

Again, my apologies to the purists. I just can't put down the wrenches.

Here's a quick pic of my devotion, just in case there's doubters. Traveled over the Pacific and the entire western states to shake this man's hand. ;)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000349.jpg 
Views:	286 
Size:	842.9 KB 
ID:	2053

Surfing sucks. Don't try it.

EBRforum Junkie
    The Buell clubman bars will bolt on, as they are 1 1/8" centers, and the paint matches the risers. I have a set of them new from H-D if you're interested. The rear subframe is another story. Unless you are fabricating the thing new, the only thing guys do is change the tail section cover to eliminate the seat. The front round headlight is also doable, but the mounting bracket at the front of the frame has to stay to hold the dash. So you will need to fabricate mounts to the existing bracket. Post up your pictures and or sketches.

EBRforum Newb
    I appreciate the reply. Definitely interested in the Buell clubman bars. Send a PM when you can.

Would rather fabricate a more cafe style rear subframe, but where are guys getting the tail section cover? No immediate plans to start sketching and fabricating, but when I do I'll definitely share with whomever is interested.

Aloha.

Jon! Are you the only EBR owner in Hawaii or what?

Anyway, I bought two sets of 54-55 mm headlight clamps and a blacked-out, 7-inch hipster headlight if you want to buy them cheap, as I don't think I can return them. The SX's headlight, instrument mount and even front turnsignal mount are well-made, look nice and are amenable to customization, if you ask me, but I decided to stick with the front headlight.

This one, but with clear, not yellow lens:

http://www.speedmotoco.com/7-yellow-...-p/smc-606.htm

Also, the stock subframe is beautiful, if you ask me. I'd love to see an EBR with an exposed magnesium subframe. Be easy to do, I'd bet.

Hey Gabe, I’ll PM you but if Jon doesn’t want that headlight I’d be interested:)

EBRforum Newb
    You know, I'm pretty certain I am the only EBR only in Hawaii, and that's just the way I like it! My project is on hold for now so go ahead and sell it to Cooter.

Cooter, post your conversion if you don't mind!

Aloha,
    Jon

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    Jon! Are you the only EBR owner in Hawaii or what?

Anyway, I bought two sets of 54-55 mm headlight clamps and a blacked-out, 7-inch hipster headlight if you want to buy them cheap, as I don't think I can return them. The SX's headlight, instrument mount and even front turnsignal mount are well-made, look nice and are amenable to customization, if you ask me, but I decided to stick with the front headlight.

This one, but with clear, not yellow lens:

http://www.speedmotoco.com/7-yellow-...-p/smc-606.htm

I wouldn't do it to my EBR, in fact I'm putting RX plastics on my SX for now, lol.
    But the STT is fair game!
    rRPvH0RXTKKMIPAGfT8y0g by Cooter!, on FlickrEJaOcuj7RRWud9JufCAHrw by Cooter!, on FlickrZYeHpSh%TpuOLHac65DCDg by Cooter!, on Flickr