Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My 2014 1190rx Arrived Today

EBRforum ProvNov

My 2014 1190rx Arrived Today

Yesterday I felt like a kid on Chrismas Eve. She's a real beauty.

A USB stick came with it but it's either blank or my devices can't read it. I'm guessing it's the owner's manual?

Anyone have an issue inserting a key for the tail section? For whatever reason my lock is cockeyed and can't get the key to go in.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	12.5 KB 
ID:	2023  

WELCOME , lets see some pics of your ride, How many miles on your bike ? by the marks below the key hole its been off plenty of times, When putting back on they didnt push back far enough and it rubbed the pin, But why its Red ? You cant get the key in at all? Ask the PO.

https://www.erikbuellracing.com/tech
    Last edited by EBRRider; 06-30-2018 at 08:36 AM.

EBRforum ProvNov
    The bike was built 5/14 and has only 10 miles on it. I bought it from Dunbar Euro-Sports.
    Somehow the image was flipped 180 when I uploaded it so those marks were actually above the lock. They kinda look like someone tried to pry the lid open. My key goes in almost a half inch before it hits something. Won't turn at all and I'm trying not to break it.

Last edited by Brian S; 06-30-2018 at 03:51 PM.

ok , My key was the same way on my 15 SX , Your key is brand new, Just like when you have a new key made at the lock smith it hard to go in ,So what I did to my key was hit with a wire wheel just to take the corners off , that should take care of it.

EBRforum ProvNov
    I wire brushed it pretty well.....still no go. It works perfectly fine in the ignition but in the rear lock it's hitting something solid when only half way inserted. If the key doesn't go in all the way, it's not going to turn.
    Thanks for the link to the owners manuals. You'd think I'd be able to find that on a Google search. At least I can figure out how to do simple things now like setting the traction control.

Did they give you 2 keys ? If only 1 the other it maybe broke off in the tumblers.

EBRforum ProvNov
    Yeah, I came with 2 keys and both work fine in the ignition. I think something isn't lining up right with the slot being cockeyed. There's a lot of small scratches around the slot which makes me think someone else messed with it for a while with no success. Guess I'll worry about it later.

EBRforum Junkie
    Spray some graphite lube into the seat lock, keep working at it and it will eventually go in correctly. Use a small pick to hold the slot/cover open, it will slide to the side a little and spray it in there. Even WD-40 would work. The scratches are from the metal tang/hook getting dragged across the plastic. Did it myself a few times on my first RX, I know better now so my 4th one is still nice and new looking.

EBRforum Junkie
    This is the problem. It is common, and needs to be addressed the first time that you get the key in there and open the rear seat area up. Otherwise it will keep the key locked in that cylinder and that sucks even worse!

http://ebrforum.com/showthread.php?1...for-seat-latch

EBRforum Newb
    Quote Originally Posted by buell-fan View Post
    This is the problem. It is common, and needs to be addressed the first time that you get the key in there and open the rear seat area up. Otherwise it will keep the key locked in that cylinder and that sucks even worse!

http://ebrforum.com/showthread.php?1...for-seat-latch
    Hey - I got a new 2014rx - the slot is red & cockeyed - the key stops at a 1/2 way point - I jiggle it 3 or 4 times on its line and it goes in further - the scratches happen when you reinstal the seat you'll find out