Thread: My 2014 1190rx Arrived Today

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    EBRforum ProvNov
    This site is driving me nuts.I posted the correct link 3 times and every time it added a space between the 2 and 4. Try removing the space, then copy and paste. Or go the VIN info and scroll down to #124. Problem with the OM is that it doesn't have any pics, just the description.

I had a family crisis to deal with this week and had to put this problem on hold.

Dunbar ES closes early on Saturdays and aren't open Sun or Mon. They're a family business and seem like good guys. I really doubt they'd sell a motorcycle if they thought registration would be a problem. I did call DES today and explained the situation but didn't give them much time to do respond. They're going to talk with their tech guys and to EBR to find out what they can.

I found a Carbon Canister, hoses, brackets etc on EBR.net but no pics of anything there either.
    http://www.erikbuellracing.net/store/p0501-1b6-carbon-canister.html

I did find a few images of these parts on the net but started to think these are not the correct parts for my application. They're for a 1190RS or some earlier Buell.

Some schematics I found for the 2014RX showed hoses from the purge valve and the roll over vent going under the air box tub but didn't show the carbon canister. Finally I stumbled across an image showing the canister as integrated into the tub.

I took my air box cover off and it looks identical underneath except obviously for the color of the boxed area highlighted blue.

I got the title a month ago and tried to pay the fees then. Waited in line for 2.5 hours only for them to inform me they can't start anything before the bike arrives.

So I brought the bike "Friday the 13th" for them to inspect it. They looked for a sticker or something that stated it met CA emission standards but neither of us could find it anywhere. I tried to pay for the sales tax and transfer fees but they wouldn't accept it. They said without proof of emission compliance it was a non starter. I asked about late fees and if anyone read what they wrote on the upside down image I posted, it says they'll wave the penalties. I also asked if I had to bring the bike back again. They said no, the inspection part is done. All they need to finish is a statement from the manufacturer.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	258 
Size:	13.2 KB 
ID:	2044  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	10.1 KB 
ID:	2043  

Last edited by Brian S; 07-22-2018 at 04:54 PM.