Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: My 2014 1190rx Arrived Today

EBRforum ProvNov
    OK, got it apart. I didn't remove the fiberglass panel when I fixed the latch. This is the first time it's been off. Yep, same sticker as yours except it's on the right side. What a stupid location for a sticker. Unfortunately that's only for federal compliance. Nothing on there about Cali Air Resourse Board.

I'm working through Dunham and they are relaying all email communications in the last couple days. EBR says they can't get it CARB certified but that might not be necessary if they can write a convincing letter stating it's compliant with all CA standards. DMV probably didn't have to do this for me but I think they're trying to be reasonable about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian S View Post
    OK, got it apart. I didn't remove the fiberglass panel when I fixed the latch. This is the first time it's been off. Yep, same sticker as yours except it's on the right side. What a stupid location for a sticker. Unfortunately that's only for federal compliance. Nothing on there about Cali Air Resourse Board.

I'm working through Dunham and they are relaying all email communications in the last couple days. EBR says they can't get it CARB certified but that might not be necessary if they can write a convincing letter stating it's compliant with all CA standards. DMV probably didn't have to do this for me but I think they're trying to be reasonable about it.
    Sounds optimistic !!! keep us posted.

EBRforum Junkie
    ...maybe it is as simple as just purchasing the black and white stickers from EBR and have it inspected by the a different DMV. And doesn't your state have smog testing facilities you can get a smog test done and certificate of some sort from them for the dmv? There is always eBay too. Buy a used rear tail section that has the sticker.
    Last edited by buell-fan; 07-28-2018 at 10:13 AM.

EBRforum ProvNov
    Motorcycles don't get tested in CA....at least not yet. Dunham has 2 (0 code) SX bikes in stock. They weren't able to find any CA emission label. I have the same sticker as EBRRider on my tail section but it's not the one I need. It has to say USA and California like this one.
    http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/a...4&d=1357317128

Last edited by Brian S; 07-28-2018 at 01:15 PM.

I always wanted to put one of those on an XB:)