Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ebr 1190sx vs bmw s1000

EBRforum Junkie
    Hard time keeping the front end down, he's probably 50+ lbs lighter than I am. I know he switched to a 44 tooth rear, my exhaust and a programmable ecm a little over a week ago, maybe 2. Next mod should be a quick shifter, I've been telling him he needs one bad.

That’s my next upgrade is quickshifter.. I have heard nothing but good things. never rode a bike with one it will be a new experience all together.

EBRforum Junkie
    My first trip out with one was hair raising to say the least. I got into it in 1st after 7500 rpm, front end came up and never touched back down until after 4th. I know it was only skimming the ground in 4th, but it was definitely up. I've only done it a few times since then and probably won't this summer at all after the surgery. Maybe next year...

Quote Originally Posted by MakingPAIN View Post
    That’s my next upgrade is quickshifter.. I have heard nothing but good things. never rode a bike with one it will be a new experience all together.
    You will find yourself stopping just so you can go banging through the gears again and again!!! you will hate your self for waiting so long to get with the times!!!!

+ eleventymillion....^^^^

Quick shifting will commence in t minus however long it takes buelltooth to ship one to my house.. all ordered up. I couldn’t wait any longer seeing all you guys talk so highly of this upgrade.

You are welcome LOL

EBRforum Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Is it the same rider? He really needs to stop short shifting 1st and 2nd gear so badly!
    Ever drag raced?

Then you should know why lol. That guy knows how to launch that bike / do times on it thats for sure.

I've drag raced quite a bit thanks. In all sorts of things. I don't know the rider, and he's having fun for sure! But he is making very common rookie mistakes. Some people do it their whole lives. He never claimed to be one and I'm glad he's having fun, but he'd get eaten alive by slower bikes at a legit strip riding that way.

He's using too much throttle, the front comes up, so he compensates by shifting way below the power band and mashing the gas into 2nd at 6k and 3rd at 8k (what it sounds like to me anyway). Easier? Sure. Too much throttle twist is forgiven (and less scary) because the bike can't make enough power that low in the curve. Another way to say it is: His max possible power output is lower at WOT because the RPM is too low (too high a gear). Does that sound like the best way to drag race? With less power?

A "drag racer" will pull all the gears through the torque peak and use throttle control to balance traction and carry the front, that sets the up-shift point right back to the torque peak where you have the maximum engine output available. You can't use WOT in first, second, third , maybe even until the top of fourth gear, but you have it available to use to balance the front and much more power available than WOT at 6k.

I really don't mean to diss the guy, I'm just explaining my comment.

EBRforum Junkie
    Peak torque is about 93-95 ft/lbs at 8k rpm, but it's making 75+ from 4k and carries it all the way through to redline.