Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just purchased my 1190 SX

Just purchased my 1190 SX

Name:  EBR 1190SX JUST WASHED.jpg
Views: 683
Size:  19.4 KB

This is my new 4 year old Bike I have previously had an XB12ss which I loved but was a little under powered. Just about to have first service done and had a starter motor problem a week ago the brushes where stuck from sitting around for so long. No warranty but from what I've heard there is very little that goes wrong I am not sure about the dash software upgrade that is mentioned on the site is it needed? my bike seems to run very well.

You can get your software version # off the dash diagnostics page on your own dash. Send EBR an E-mail with that number They'll let you know if its good.

One sign is if your turn signal indicators are a green arrow, it's the old version. The new ones are reverse, a black arrow in a green dot.

If its been sitting that long, I'd change the brake fluid and oil regardless of mileage and oil again at 600 miles. Filter is the same as an 1125. Synthetic V-twin specific oil. 20w-50 for temps over 40*F, 10w-30 for any riding under that temp.

And I think you have impeccable taste:

Thanks for the info and compliment just noticed your bike has the red spring is it just a color difference or did they put some bikes together at the end with spare bits? I just got up to 1000 Km so service will happen as soon as I get home. and just encase the bike shop left all the old fluids in I will get them all changed. Love your short pipes
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180128_180440.jpg 
Views:	347 
Size:	570.0 KB 
ID:	1910  

Last edited by Lorne; 03-10-2018 at 01:07 PM.

I measured the yellow spring mine came with, to a red 1125 spring side by side and even rigged a lb/inch meter on my press and didn't find any difference?

So I put the red one on to see if my butt could tell. It couldn't. I run the same road pretty often, so I'm going to swap back and check again. IMO, they are both way too stiff and I'm currently 215lbs geared up.

FYI, if you swap the springs, they do have a top and bottom.

And thanks:) I made the tips from some stainless tubing scrap bends. If you do that you will need the appropriate 'tips' ECM to match the mod.

http://idspd.com/xcart/1190rx-secondary-delete.html

I love the deep sound and it's not super loud. I used 2.25" to fit the OD of the stock muffler outlets, instead of 2" that fits the ID.
    IMG_0625 by Cooter!, on Flickr
    IMG_0628 by Cooter!, on FlickrIMG_0626 by Cooter!, on Flickr
    Last edited by Cooter; 03-10-2018 at 02:24 PM.

I thought as much about the springs they didn't change mapping or anything else so the suspension would have been money spent for no reason.
    I've just come off a Triumph speed triple R 2015 with Ohlins suspension the EBR is much Better and I haven't even dialed it up for my weight yet 106 KG with gear on. I think the finish was better on my Triumph but the EBR handles better is more powerful and lighter + I love V twins

Welcome great bike . Here is the form Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dash 01.jpg 
Views:	444 
Size:	507.4 KB 
ID:	1911
    Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTs...lf_id=0&view=0
    Here is my toy.

DSC_1227 by Jack Joseph, on Flickr

Thanks your bike looks great. What are the benefits of the software update. and any idea on the turn around time from Australia?

As Cooter said above , Send EBR an E-mail with that number They'll let you know if its good.

One sign is if your turn signal indicators are a green arrow, it's the old version. The new ones are reverse, a black arrow in a green dot.

Time wise, Its purely your selection method of shipping , once EBR gets them its in and out same day for me. info@ebr.com or call Kim at 262 441 4103

EBR Motorcycles

2799 Buell Drive,

East Troy, WI 53120

(262) 642-1627

Info@ebr.com

For Tech assistance, please email:

Tech@ebr.com

For Parts assistance, please email or call:
    Parts email: Parts@ebr.com
    Parts phone number: (262) 441-4103

For all other inquiries, please email info@ebr.com

Thanks will do