Thread: Battery

EBRforum Junkie

Battery

Had my Shorai battery die after one year. Got in touch with Shorai & they have a program just for EBR batteries. They sent me back $80. Even though it was under a year & it should be free replacement they felt that the batteries sat in the EBR bikes a long time. So only 1/2 rebate.
    Better than nothing I guess.

Thats a good find! Thanks for posting. I just had to buy mine...

EBRforum ProvNov
    The good news is they still sell the LFX21A7-BS12 battery on their website for $160. I'll have to admit that the Deltran BTL14A240C that I bought for $100 has worked perfectly well down here in south Texas though.

EBRforum Junkie
    Yeah. They do have a little trouble in the cold(New England). I find that if I turn the bike on & just walk away & come back in a couple of minutes it warms up the battery & when I crank it over it turn faster & faster the more the starter turns.

They say to turn on the headlight for a short time to get them to work better in the cold.
    Weird. Goes against all us old guys know about batteries, lol.

EBRforum Junkie
    Yeah. That's what the delivery guy said when I told him. He wanted to wait to see if mine started because the last one he delivered took them a half hour to start! I told him I would just leave the key on for a couple minutes & try again. He said "No way". I turned it on, smiled, & walked away. We were talking & he said that this will never work. Went back hit the starter button & it popped. He looked on in disbelief & I hit it again & it started after a little cranking! He said that he just learned something today! I'm 69 & I never thought it would work. But!!!