Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rip 1190sx

Yeah let us know how it goes. And if your find a exact reason for failure.

I beat on my bike pretty good. But everything is maintained to the t, and I only run fluids and parts that are specified by EBR. Amsoil is the best anyways why change it. I run it up to 10 grand every couple stop lights. And race anything that’s worth the ticket and bragging rights. Just spanked a RC51 last night. Twice. Lol

good luck on your venture and if you split the case to rebuild post some pictures of the carnage.

I could't agree more. A catastrophic failure like you had deserves some attention since it is such an extreme rarity to happen (at least to be reported on any of these EBR or Buell forums). One, I believe(?) and he was modded and "racing" on a circuit competitively.

I don't do the facebook so since you know "like 5 people" with the same catastrophic issue you should direct them to this thread so we all can benefit from the brain-trust and see if this is an issue that needs to be solved, or if it's just an anomaly.

I also ride my SX very hard, almost 6000 miles and it is maintained more than the manual schedule. It is possible to ride hard, and ride smooth. Maybe that's the difference?

If you are interested in titanium rods, there is an RS engine on e-bay for sale as well. They have titanium rods. That is a legitimate race engine.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/EBR-Buell-E...5aHWxa&vxp=mtr

A bigger investment upfront will certainly save you in the future. Especially how you ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    If you are interested in titanium rods, there is an RS engine on e-bay for sale as well. They have titanium rods. That is a legitimate race engine.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/EBR-Buell-E...5aHWxa&vxp=mtr

A bigger investment upfront will certainly save you in the future. Especially how you ride.
    A +1 on this one. The RS engine is incredible, but is missing some of the innovations that went into the RX motor, so it makes less power. However, it requires modification in the RX/SX. Namely you're going to need to dyno tune it.

A possible solution for you, and for the rest of the board who want to race these bikes, is to contact CP Carillo (http://www.cp-carrillo.com/) and see if they'd be willing to scan/duplicate the existing RX/SX piston/rod/crank/sleeve in titanium or a higher quality steel for you. I'd consider purchasing that upgrade package for a rebuild in the future. For reference, CP Carillo is the one that made the original RS titanium rods (which are not a direct drop-in to the RX/SX motor).
    Last edited by gdisaac07; 03-04-2018 at 06:48 PM.
    2017 EBR 1190SX
    2009 Buell XB12scg

Quote Originally Posted by EBRRider View Post
    Wish you the best , We are all interested in What caused your motor to blow, so that we can avoid at all cost, on our no warranty bikes. Whether its your fault, the PO, or design flaw.
    Much appricated, brother. I will keep the group appraised of developments.

EBRforum ProvNov
    Regardless, let the forum know what you decide to do. If you elect to bail on the bike and sell, I know I'd be an interested buyer as I'll be in Tulsa for quite some time and would like a project bike to pass the time

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180302_163327-sm.jpg 
Views:	229 
Size:	158.4 KB 
ID:	1903
    The scene of the crime.

Name:	IMG_20180303_102628-sm.jpg 
Views:	355 
Size:	111.7 KB 
ID:	1904
    The best shot I could get of the damage done. I'm still waiting to see what my options are with the dealership. We'll see. When I know more, I'll disassemble the bike and take better pictures.

You’re asking the dealership to warranty that??

What warranty did you buy?

EBRforum Newb
    Thats a bummer!

Did you ever pull the oil sump cover to clean it out for you oil changes? I wonder what is in there right now. It sounds like the engine locked up as soon as it failed so I doubt there is a ton of aftermath debris in it.

Quote Originally Posted by konarider94 View Post
    Thats a bummer!

Did you ever pull the oil sump cover to clean it out for you oil changes? I wonder what is in there right now. It sounds like the engine locked up as soon as it failed so I doubt there is a ton of aftermath debris in it.
    Slowly getting her torn apart. I'll know more this weekend.

Name:	IMG_20180307_074834-sm.jpg 
Views:	339 
Size:	184.5 KB 
ID:	1906

EBRforum Novice
    That is terribly sad, sorry to hear it mrsix.

And for those beating on jap bikes i gave my hayabusa hell for ten odd years and it never missed a beat once. If this happened to me i'd never ride my ebr again and let it burn. Arent these engines broken in on dynos anyway before you pick them up?