Hi Folks,

As the title states I am in the market for a bike, and a dealership near me has a 2014 EBR 1190 SX with 1 mile on the odometer, list price of $7,500.00.

Should I buy this thing?

My budget is something under $9000, desired charicteristics are something with upright/standard seating position, 100 hp/ 60ft.lb torque or better, less than 20k miles, wet weight less than 500 lbs. obviously the 1190 sx fits the bill. however, I have concerns.

About me- I ride all year round, at least 3-5 days of the week. On my last ride ('15 FZ-09) I was putting on average 8,000 miles on the bike in a year. I try to do most of my maintenance myself, but I would not consider myself any kind of mechanic by any means. I have light experience tweaking/customizing/fabricating things for my bikes that I can't find on the shelf.

That being said, is the 1190 SX a good fit for me? I have heard a lot of things about EBRs, that they can be quirky or can occasionally have electrical gremlins, that parts are now becoming scarce or more expensive, and that aftermarket parts are scarce. I'm also concerned about the reliability of these bikes, and how hard they are to work on. As with any bike I own I plan to pack the miles on. I suppose it's worth noting that other bikes i'm looking at include used KTM superduke 990, Yamaha FZ1, Kawi Ninja 1000, Suzuki gxs 1000f.

Any opinions you all may have would be greatly appreciated.

-Pmuhob