Thread: Lowering the bike?

EBRforum ProvNov

Lowering the bike?

I have had the EBR now for a year and it has been everything I wanted and more, just an amazing machine. The one thing though that I don't like is this dirtbike seat height and it has resulted in a few near mishaps tip toeing around while trying to park and such. Has anyone lowered their EBR, and what would be the method/parts needed? My XB12Ss was a bit too high in the seat but a low profile seat got it into a comfortable range, not possible with the EBR.

Smaller diameter shorter forks, shorter rear shock to lower the bike 2" i believe; parts are floating around but very hard to obtain.

Per Erik , LA show interview he said the forks and shocks are same. The only changes were spring length and rates.

Black lightning
    This bike being only one of two ever made, the value should hold steady on this one; but only as an unridden museum piece.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	26756957_10214709336316811_7567132913634671273_o.jpg 
Views:	234 
Size:	374.7 KB 
ID:	1859
    Last edited by EBRRider; 01-20-2018 at 11:34 AM.

When I asked Mike about a lowering kit at IMS he said the only parts made were on the display bike. They weren't mass produced.

The front was lowered with shorter springs in the forks and the rear was lowered with a shorter shock. You can get a shorter custom shock made but it's going to be $500+

You can install the red spring SX shock and drop the triple in the forks down to lower it on a budget. Also you can get the seat reshaped and get rid of the edges in the foam.

I'm 5'7" on a good day and would love for my bike to be lower..
    Last edited by TerryS1980; 01-20-2018 at 10:14 AM.