Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Blown Engines

For reliabilities reasons I have read that some guys have lowered the RPMs limits in the ECM by 500.

Is that really a necessary thing? or are people just being overly cautious? I seriously haven't heard of these blowing up?

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Is that really a necessary thing? or are people just being overly cautious? I seriously haven't heard of these blowing up?
    Without warranties, I hope just, being overly cautious? I very rarely hit 8500 ,its just too scary fast.

Early 2014 RXs had Zzuhl titanium rods, some of which had failure, as the later Zzuhl rods are steel. Could be one possible contributor. I don't think it's the power as much as the sustained high RPM. Ducatis are known for similar failures at IOMTT, where it is WFO high RPM most of the time. The massive V-twin pistons don't handle it too well.
    "Love is the never ending act of forgiveness" -Peter Ustinov

2017 EBR 1190SX
    2000 Buell M2
    1995 Buell S2 (x2)

EBRforum Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Well you have now !? I know of two others in Australia, and the IOM TT didnt go to well either. If you are using as a commute scooter well it would be ok I guess. I was under the presumption it was designed as a sports /race bike . I'm trying not to dump on these , as I actually own two of them but ???? good design but lots of issues that could have been solved with some pre release testing .

Quote Originally Posted by phelan View Post
    Early 2014 RXs had Zzuhl titanium rods, some of which had failure, as the later Zzuhl rods are steel.
    My bike produced in February 2014. Often run to 10000 rpm, but of course not often as on tracks. Milleage circa 17500 miles.
    Where does the information about pistons and rods?
    https://zzuhl.com

Quote Originally Posted by Betterbuell View Post
    I was under the presumption it was designed as a sports /race bike . I'm trying not to dump on these , as I actually own two of them but ???? good design but lots of issues that could have been solved with some pre release testing .

In fact, the engine is taken from 1125R and boosted by 40 hp.
    Nothing has changed constructively, only small changes in engine details. No revolutions in construction, no super materials. Where will reliability come from, if this design squeezes another 20 hp?
    It's a good bike with a good chassis, I like it - but it's not a revolutionary model. Unlike Panigale or RSV4. Engine design 1190 ever since the first Aprilia Mille 1998 MY! In those days, no one sportbikes had 120 RWHP.
    1190 engine just changed volume by 200 ccm compared Rotax engine from Mille - this is the only major change! All other changes in engine design come from volume changes and are themselves secondary and cosmetic.
    Last edited by zviadi; 01-03-2018 at 07:01 AM.
    EBR 1190 RX

EBRforum Junkie
    I think it has intake titanium values.

EBRforum Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by Betterbuell View Post
    Well you have now !? I know of two others in Australia, and the IOM TT didnt go to well either. If you are using as a commute scooter well it would be ok I guess. I was under the presumption it was designed as a sports /race bike . I'm trying not to dump on these , as I actually own two of them but ???? good design but lots of issues that could have been solved with some pre release testing .

Are you the guy thats selling two of them atm on bikesales?

Small world lol

EBRforum Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    Are you the guy thats selling two of them atm on bikesales?

Small world lol
    That's me ! Sort of cracked the ****s with the brand/bikes, and put them up for sale. Thing is resale is crap, and they are a better bike than their current value . Had some low ball offers on the race bike that are less than the exhaust I just put on my 1299. I'm thinking of keeping it/them and putting one on the road

EBRforum Novice
    https://imgur.com/a/f1ARE
    Didnt have to take the head off to get it out either .