Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
Theres a few real, professional, "tuners" (ahem^^^^^) that might take offense to your comment "Looking for some more power without having to spend the weekend tuning". You don't have the tools to do that. No... you do not. And it took the pro's much, much, more time than that (and some very expensive tools) to get more power from that engine.

If you think a universal sensor faker, and a gallon of "race fuel" makes more power, you have a lot to learn my friend.

FYI, race gas is good. It's better quality than pump gas, but it won't ever make more power by itself because it has the same BTU's as pump gas. Oversimplified, the higher the octane rating the slower it burns, resisting detonation, allowing timing to be advanced. Without proper tuning, buying high-octane gas is just wasting money. It does smell really good though:)
I'll be a little more specific...I dont care to spend the weekend in my garage if I have the opportunity to hit the road with any of my bikes. I save any "tuning" for weekends with nasty weather. As for the original question about the chip, it was simply for information as I bought into that trend with a few cars of mine back in the '90s, with a little regret.

FYI, I am aware that race fuel doesn't add more HP however I don't mind spending $13 to mix in a gallon of 110 with 93 for a better throttle response and bigger grin on my face. Plenty of us unproffessional tuners in my area like to freshen the air up the mountain roads with that smell.