Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dyno-Boost chip thoughts/experience?

EBRforum Newb

Dyno-Boost chip thoughts/experience?

Anybody have any experience with or thoughts on the MAGNUM Dyno-Boost chip for the EBR?

Looking for some more power without having to spend the weekend tuning, since I travel for work a lot... Already have the IDS ecm with secondary muffler delete and occasionally mix in a gallon of 110 race fuel.

http://www.magnumtuning.com/en/detai...-racing/1190rx

I would suggest getting a Dean A or a APH pipe with Deans tune an you with have about 179 dyno proven wheel HP . I am told with IDS ecm with secondary muffler delete you only get 3-5 hp gain.

IMO a big NO on the MAGNUM Dyno-Boost chip.
    Last edited by EBRRider; 12-15-2017 at 05:46 PM.

EBRforum Novice
    This is OLD "tech". I used resistors on my IAT way back in like '99. All it does is make the ECM think the incoming air is cooler than it really is, so the ECM adds more fuel.

This one apparently alters the O2 sensor signal as well. BIG no no.

EBRforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by EBRRider View Post
    I am told with IDS ecm with secondary muffler delete you only get 3-5 hp gain.
    That's only in the midrange. No gain up top from what I heard direct from EBR. It's certainly smoother everywhere with the race ecm though.

Pass on the tuning chip is my recommendation.

Also, the average gain on mine is 13-15 hp, max so far that I'm aware of was 17 hp over stock (at 162 at the wheel when stock).

Theres a few real, professional, "tuners" (ahem^^^^^) that might take offense to your comment "Looking for some more power without having to spend the weekend tuning". You don't have the tools to do that. No... you do not. And it took the pro's much, much, more time than that (and some very expensive tools) to get more power from that engine.

If you think a universal sensor faker, and a gallon of "race fuel" makes more power, you have a lot to learn my friend.

FYI, race gas is good. It's better quality than pump gas, but it won't ever make more power by itself because it has the same BTU's as pump gas. Oversimplified, the higher the octane rating the slower it burns, resisting detonation, allowing timing to be advanced. Without proper tuning, buying high-octane gas is just wasting money. It does smell really good though:)

EBRforum ProvNov
    Agree with all the above, there is no magic horse power boost from voodoo boxes.

But it raises a question at the risk of being told I am just a sub par rider. I can wring all my bikes out from my 600cc Honda dirtbike though my built Buell XB12Ss and at full throttle wish there was a little more, or at least say that I could handle more. But with my EBR I can't use all that it has, I have never had a moment where I wished there was more or could reach full throttle (while in the proper gear). When I ride my Indian Chieftain I spend allot of time with the throttle rolled all in wishing it had more, I am curious as to what percentage of my fellow EBR riders are hanging there on an open throttle wishing it could deliver more as if they were riding an 800 Lb cruiser?

I agree with you Subarubrat. The power level of all the newer super bikes is simply astonishing. IMHO if you are just riding on the street with your buddies, modding for power is simply for bragging rights, but that's ok too

Agreed with the above ^^^, I am a firm believer in a pipe as a safety factor the louder the better, Cagers do not see us we are invisible. So if a mod loud pipe helps with our presence, It has saved my a$$ a few times over the years. Sure I will brag about it also. !! More HP than I can use?, but it is fun!!!

EBRforum Novice
    I certainly don't go WOT often at all. When I do, it's usually when there's plenty of room in front of me. Waaay more power than I need during my daily commute.

Whereas on my XB and Blast, I give 'em all they've got and feel I've got them plenty under control.
    Last edited by LeesEBR; 12-19-2017 at 10:08 AM.

Yes to that. When I swap to the STT I find i'm at the throttle stop and banging the QS at redline and feeling pretty normal. Maybe one day I'll feel the same about the EBR? I doubt it The front wheel powers straight up and the speedo is now three digits damn near instantly.