Thread: EBR at the MA RMV

EBR at the MA RMV

Hello everyone!

Just a fun little anecdote of the joys of my new 1190SX. Today was registration day. I finally got all the finalized paperwork for the bike from the dealer and took it the to RMV (What Massachusetts calls its DMV). Along with my insurance-provided RMV-1 form, I was ready to get a new registration and plate for my brand new bike! I made it to the teller after an hour and he kept asking me what kind of bike it was. Turns out, the name Erik Buell Racing is not actually the make of the 2017 bikes.

It's EBR.

A make which is not in the system, as no post-LAP purchase bikes exist in MA.

This meant that I spent all day waiting for a systems security team in some other place in MA to input the make into the system. Finally, at 3:30pm (after getting there at 9:30am) they added EBR to the MA RMV database. Finally, the new bike is registered and plated! Now only 2 more weeks until I can actually drive to pick it up!

PS, if anyone else in MA buys a late-model EBR and has to register it, please let me know as you owe me a beer for my struggles.

Thats the sort of thing that is in my life!
    Congrats man, now go turn some miles first one to 100,000 wins!

Now let the fun begin, Yeh DMV sucks, Thats what it takes to get these one of a kind rare bikes plated. What color ? ? pics?

Quote Originally Posted by EBRRider View Post
    Now let the fun begin, Yeh DMV sucks, Thats what it takes to get these one of a kind rare bikes plated. What color ? ? pics?
    It's white, but I don't have it yet. I'm going to pick it up at the beginning of the year in Michigan. When I've got her successfully loaded onto the trailer, I will undoubtedly take all the pictures one could ask for.

EBRforum Junkie
    I'm in RI. I had no trouble registering my SX in Jan of 17. Quick. They didn't know what it was but it was in the book I guess. Where in MA are you? I'm in Cranston, RI.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Thunder View Post
    I'm in RI. I had no trouble registering my SX in Jan of 17. Quick. They didn't know what it was but it was in the book I guess. Where in MA are you? I'm in Cranston, RI.
    I’m in South Boston. Did they register it as an EBR or as an Erik Buell Racing on the title?

EBRforum Junkie
    EBR I think.

Maybe when it warms up, I'll meet you for a ride. It's only an hour or so!

EBRforum Junkie
    Sounds good! Less than an hour. We usually ride in central/eastern CT. Better roads less traffic. We will keep each other in mind.