Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New RX owner

EBRforum Newb
    Quote Originally Posted by EBRRider View Post
    I'm pretty sure the guy said he put an EBR clutch master on it for whatever reason.

What do you mean ^^^ they all come with the above, on the 15 ,16 17, they have put lighter clutch springs in for a lighter pull.
    Sorry for the confusion, on my 09 1125R, has a few EBR items on it. Guy used it mainly as a track bike. Getting it made me NEED the 1190

Quote Originally Posted by Steve French View Post
    Sorry for the confusion, on my 09 1125R, has a few EBR items on it. Guy used it mainly as a track bike. Getting it made me NEED the 1190
    From what I have heard the bikes are day and night in a great! way!

EBRforum Newb
    The 1125 is a great machine, but so are my XB's. They all have their purpose, and that's putting a smile on my face and some speed to my heart rate !! I'm sure the power difference is going to be staggering, especially once it's piped with a tune !

and a 43 or a 44 Bamm you will be smiling and sh*ting your pants at the same time.

EBRforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve French View Post
    The 1125 is a great machine, but so are my XB's. They all have their purpose, and that's putting a smile on my face and some speed to my heart rate !! I'm sure the power difference is going to be staggering, especially once it's piped with a tune !
    15+ hp, 9-10 ft/lbs more torque. I wouldn't call it staggering, but you can definitely tell it makes more power. Between that, the gearing change and a quick shifter, it's a completely different animal. Mine lofts the front easily enough and will carry it through 4th gear on occasion. It's those 75+ mph power wheelies that scare me though. 2nd or 3rd gear and just nail it, the front comes up.

EBRforum Newb
    Quote Originally Posted by d_adams View Post
    15+ hp, 9-10 ft/lbs more torque. I wouldn't call it staggering, but you can definitely tell it makes more power. Between that, the gearing change and a quick shifter, it's a completely different animal. Mine lofts the front easily enough and will carry it through 4th gear on occasion. It's those 75+ mph power wheelies that scare me though. 2nd or 3rd gear and just nail it, the front comes up.
    Once again, the power between the modded 1125R and the stock 1190 is what is staggering. The 1125 is supposedly 153 hp with the EBR race tune and FMF pipe. It has the quick shift in the GP pattern. I'm a smaller dude, thing powers up on its own over 100 sometimes. I got the 1190 this afternoon, and WOW is it brutal. Strange it felt a good bit more comfortable than the 1125... It is going to be a great bike form me I think :)

EBRforum Junkie
    Mmmm, 146 hp crank rated, mine made 143 on EBR's dyno in 2010 and it was the highest except for their full race system at 145 hp, that was $1800 + a programmable ecm at $750 back then. The HMF made 138 as I recall. That said, an RX/SX makes roughly 40 hp more than an 1125 when comparing stock numbers. Best I've gotten out of an RX to date is 179 at the wheel. Several others around the world have hit 177 & 178.

This guy knows ^^^^

EBRforum ProvNov
    Did you take delivery? Any pics?

- A few thoughts on your comments, the 1190RX is geared WAY higher than the Xbs, so much so that you are slipping the clutch in traffic under 25-30mph which gets old real fast with a clutch that stiff. The reduced effort kit and gearing change make the bike much easier to deal with. Don't worry, you'll see.

EBRforum Newb
    Quote Originally Posted by Subarubrat View Post
    Did you take delivery? Any pics?

- A few thoughts on your comments, the 1190RX is geared WAY higher than the Xbs, so much so that you are slipping the clutch in traffic under 25-30mph which gets old real fast with a clutch that stiff. The reduced effort kit and gearing change make the bike much easier to deal with. Don't worry, you'll see.
    I totally understand the gearing difference compared to the XB's, those engines make a way different power curve. Now, I feel mildly confident it's close to the 1125R. I don't ride in traffic... Ever. I live in an area close to the city, but it's more country-ish. No stop and go, traffic free winding roads are what I ride. So, I'll leave that gearing alone for a while. And the clutch pull seems fine to me.