Thread: New RX owner

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hey Steve, congats on the RX! Since its a '14 you should check out the sticky thread on common problems with those bikes:up:

EBRforum Newb
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Hey Steve, congats on the RX! Since its a '14 you should check out the sticky thread on common problems with those bikes:up:
    I've been on many forums, lots of time on NSRWorld even.... Guess why. I can't seem to locate the "sticky" deal here ??

Quote Originally Posted by Steve French View Post
    I can't seem to locate the "sticky" deal here ??
    Because I'm an idiot

Here ya go!
    http://www.badweatherbikers.com/buel...tml?1504295464

"Comm error/failed displays
    Poor welds on front header pipes/failed front headers
    Faulty low fuel sensors
    Fuel pump wiring connector issues (pins physically displaced; easily corrected)
    Poor casting quality at "spikes" in center section of rear wheel (cosmetic issue)
    Cracking bodywork, particularly tail section (changed to 2-piece design during 2015 run)
    High clutch effort (changed to lighter clutch springs in 2015; offered as free upgrade for earlier bikes)
    Poor end cap seals on starter motors with a date code stamp prior to 2014/07/29."

Most of these issues are pretty rare. I have a very early 2014 SX (#24) and haven't had any of them. Most everything was found and fixed quickly in the mfg run for these bikes.

You didn't ask about mods, but the above lists are right on:) the steel 44T rear sprocket from JD Mfg for $25 is by far the best mod to make it city friendly, add a quickshifter and these are friggin amazin.

IMO the "high clutch effort" isn't something I'd try to correct with the later/lighter springs while simultaneously adding a bunch of power with an ECM change. I might do one or the other, but not both. Pick your poison...Opinions vary.
    Last edited by Cooter; 11-08-2017 at 12:16 AM.