Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Thread: What did you do to your EBR1190 today ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Fancy!
    Not wanting to be Fancy, They claim 7 times the oil flow through the S27 reusable metal mesh filter ,even if its twice I am good. More oil to the cams.

https://kandpengineering.com/technical-information/
    Last edited by EBRRider; 07-13-2020 at 12:32 PM.

I'm seriously considering one for the STT, because that billet can has got to be pretty bash proof, at least VASTLY more so than sheet steel. Stuck in nowhere? Hose it out and re-use...
    Ok, ya sold me:)

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    I'm seriously considering one for the STT, because that billet can has got to be pretty bash proof, at least VASTLY more so than sheet steel. Stuck in nowhere? Hose it out and re-use...
    Ok, ya sold me:)
    If you're in the middle of nowhere....what is this hose attached to??

Been out of town working and absolutely could not wait to go for a rip way up the mountains to my 'secret' spot between two tunnels. You have to plan for the stop so it's about as private as it gets up there

EBRforum Newb
    Been trying to find a cranksaft locking tool 2014 1190 SX

EBRforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Amasuperbiker View Post
    Been trying to find a cranksaft locking tool 2014 1190 SX
    Buell is selling them on eBay for $110 shipped. I'll sell you mine for $85 shipped. Used it for a valve adjustment but I'll be taking it to a shop next time, lol. Shoot me a PM if you want it.

EBRforum Junkie
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	315928717_1235151643704896_8830219136426248911_n.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	2229
    Not today, but recently added new NOCO battery, charger, seats, and NCCR luggage rack (not pictured).

Things I've Done to my EBR in the past two years.

After I had the weirdo electrical issues back in 2018 that ended up being related to the fuel pump. How do I know it was the fuel pump? I bought a used 2014 pump on ebay and replaced the one that was in the bike and presto... the bike ran right and all of the other electrical weirdness went away. After that I had many many miles of good and problem free riding, A buddy of mine did the Airbox mod to vent the charcoal can to atmosphere, which should eliminate the front cylinder issue. I'd been taking care of my elderly father through 2020-2022 so I didn't have much time to ride, so I did a lot of maintenance and upgrades, I got a secondhand APH exhaust and installed that along with a matched ECM, I did the valve check (thanks for the shims AMF) and adjust at the 24,000 mile mark, changed out all the fluids, I'm using Motu Dot 5.1 surround sound break fluid. I learned a lesson about brake fluid and moisture in the process. Fixed the fuel light issue, which has now returned probably due to a crappy solder job on my part.

After my father passed I took a ride out to a place called Teter Rock about 50 miles east of where I live. 15 of it is dirt road 1.5 miles of it is unmaintained field trail. After that bit of stupid, I had some leaky fork seals, so I changed them (Thanks for the video Jens), later I notice my shock was blown. So I found one on Ebay with the racetech spring with a rate closer to the yellow spring, I still have the old shock, I haven't found any good documents on rebuilding one or replacing seals. So the leaky shock will sit on a shelf for now.

I added the Jacob Stark Chain Roller in hopes I could stop eating through the slider and nicking up the swing arm.

I replaced my cracked front header a few weeks back, and replaced the shorai battery with the NOCO.

I've been chasing a high idle issue (2200-2700), I think it's electrical, because it's intermittent and completely inconsistent. I can't link it to anything else with the bike. It does it warm, it does it cold. and it looks as if the battery is not charging as high as it should... I can do a TPS reset and it's fine, until I blip the throttle. Sometimes it will settle back down... most times it just hangs there. It doesn't act like an air leak and there is not one that I've found yet. So I figure I'll fix what I know is wrong (fuel light) perhaps I'll find solder globs around the pins, and cleaning things up will fix things. The bike is still ride-able it's just not running as well as I think it should. I don't think this is a serious issue. It's just... not right.

I got a tire changing stand, so I changed my own tires on the EBR for the first time in early December.
    After 30,000 miles the the Air Box cover is cracking, so I've ordered replacements from NCCR, I'm having some decals printed up, and I have a paint guy lined up. The old plastics will be hung on the wall.
    The clutch is starting to slip a little bit, it's not bad enough yet to warrant a change but probably sometime this year.

I did quite a bit of traveling on my SX, I love riding it on trips, save for the lack of a center stand and the need for constant chain maintenance.

The SX is now the short trip hooligan bike in the garage. The VStrom is the commuter/traveler.

The most recent thing I've done to my EBR is ride :-)