Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dang Quickshifter STILL doesn't work

Dang Quickshifter STILL doesn't work

It's actually on an 2014 SX, but you guys here in the RX forum are a bit 'racy-er-er'

I have got as far as having both the stock dash and ECM updated and confirmed the quick shifter function had been "turned on". I can see the dash diagnostics go from 1.3V to 0.0V at the side stand when I activate it, but nothing actually happens when I ride it?

Some deets:
    It is a Dynojet 4-104 linear push sensor wired into the factory harness. I have used a different type of grounding sensor as well (no luck there either)
    I also have an IDS ECM. I am told has the shifter function enabled as well... that does not work... but also sees the voltage drop on the dash diagnostics.
    It doesn't work on a stand, in gear, clutch out, and manually grounding the signal wire to the ECM either.

I have repeatedly asked EBRtech and all he has said is it "needs a different signal that just a ground" but won't elaborate further. Nor do I understand how that could be possible with their EBR 2 wire switch between a ground and a signal wire? Resting 'open' and grounding when activated is all I can guess?

I know for a fact this exact Dynojet sensor works on a 2014 RX with the IDS ECM.

I am frustrated and cant get EBR tech to elaborate?

I'm a pretty tech savvy guy, and I'd assume if the dash can see the voltage drop on the side stand where you wire it that's all you need?
    Do I need to swap the pins in the ECM input like some XB's? If so...where???

Thanks for any help guys
    Last edited by Cooter; 05-27-2018 at 12:15 AM.

EBRforum Junkie
    https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/833e9...a6962a2b27.pdf

In case the above link doesn't work or stay active, it's also archived in the EBR owners group page on FB.

https://www.facebook.com/download/pr...19934008056641

Pinouts for Buell/EBR

http://idspd.com/xcart/Support-files...onnections.pdf

Real quick though, you have a sensor ground, 5 volt sensor and then the shift interrupt, so 3 wires are required, not 2. Look at the wiring schematic, you'll see it. I think it's pins 24, 28 and 34, with 34 being the interrupt for the shifter. The factory harness should have all 3 wires already there, it should just be plug-n-play.

Thank you so much for that info, I'll look into it tomorrow for sure!

I meant the switch (Both EBR and dynojet) is 2 pin, so "something other than just a ground signal" would be weird. The harness is three pin, but I'm only using the same 2 (ground and signal) that EBR does, ignoring the 5v feed.

Got it figured out. Had to send the EBR ECM to IDS and Tim was able to figure out the input voltage was set too low and the input was set for the BAS pin (after addressing that with EBR?) No matter, it works perfectly now and one of the best additions to the bike!

EBRforum Novice
    Glad you got it sorted! Thanks for letting us know what the deal was.

EBRforum Newb
    You were able to install a quickshifter with just a linear sensor? You can get those for under $200. Is there anything else needed to get a setup like this to run on a bike with an updated ecm and dash?

The regular dynojet sensor is only $120 so why half-ass it?

A linear sensor can be bought for less than $20 of you really want to DIY it and no, you don't need anything else. Use the ground in the 3-wire harness and the center wire is the signal.

EBRforum Newb
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    The regular dynojet sensor is only $120 so why half-ass it?

A linear sensor can be bought for less than $20 of you really want to DIY it and no, you don't need anything else. Use the ground in the 3-wire harness and the center wire is the signal.
    The original post said part #4-113, I can't find one of those for under $180. How did you mount the sensor when the shifter is directly mounted to the transmission shift shaft? The best quickshifter I can find is the buelltooth setup and they change the shifter to a linkage type setup like most other sportbikes. But if I can make everything work for way less money using non proprietary components I'm very interested. If we could get a working DIY build then every EBR could have a cheap quickshifter.

My bad. The 4-113 is a "pull type switch" (works for an XB), and the 4-104 is a "linear push sensor" that works for a 1125 or 1190. I edited the first post.

There is nothing "proprietary" about the shifter, even the EBR one. Buy the Dynojet sensor and install it. Or the Buelltooth shifter system is sweet and works perfectly, I recommend it.

Maybe you could try to go cheaper by finding a waterproof, vibration, temperature, and corrosion resistant switch that goes from open to continuity without binding the shifter arm. It's really that simple.

EBRforum Newb
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    My bad. The 4-113 is a "pull type switch" (works for an XB), and the 4-104 is a "linear push sensor" that works for a 1125 or 1190. I edited the first post.

There is nothing "proprietary" about the shifter, even the EBR one. Buy the Dynojet sensor and install it. Or the Buelltooth shifter system is sweet and works perfectly, I recommend it.

Maybe you could try to go cheaper by finding a waterproof, vibration, temperature, and corrosion resistant switch that goes from open to continuity without binding the shifter arm. It's really that simple.
    A google search shows some 4-104 sensors for under $100 (kinda look like chinese knockoffs) but if the harness plugs straight into the factory wiring they may be worth a try for some people. I have heard good reports about the buelltooth products, I will probably go that route because they have the option to run a reverse "GP" shift pattern.