Greetings I have been a member on Badweb for about 7 years, but this is my first post here as a member. I am the winner of the 1190 SX mock up from the LAP liquidation auction. My primary needs for the time being are to title the bike, most importantly I need to know the year it was assembled. MN law will allow me to title it as a "special construction" (which it is) with a statement of facts, a safety inspection, and a bill of sale.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0817171946a_HDR.jpg 
Views:	326 
Size:	335.5 KB 
ID:	1670
Going beyond that, I would like to gather as much history and back story I can on this unusual bike to preserve it's uniqueness.

I haven't done much digging into it. I have a million questions, and I don't expect this forum to be able to answer them all. Hopefully some of you can point me to, (or at least help identify), the people who can more accurately document this unusual bike.

Here is what I believe/know so far:

The vin #is INF-DDB-02, stamped on both frame and motor, and also handwritten in marker on the front brake rotor. There is a painters tape note on the airbox coversaying "SX from Danny B's bay" Could DDB be the initials of an EBR employee responsible for the build? Can anyone shed light on what the vin nomenclature means?

According to the auction description, it's built on an RS frame, it appears to have an RS motor (a guess by Shawn at EBR based on the case color), and has a magnesium sub-frame, as opposed to ( I believe) aluminum version on the production SX bikes. The cylinder castings say "EBR" not "Erik Buell Racing", or even"Buell" There is a note in marker on the ECM that Shawn at EBR told me when we loaded the bike means a 45 tooth sprocket tune on the ECM, and the ECM has the correct part number for an RS. The sprocket is a 46 tooth as opposed to the standard 41tooth on the production RS.

All of this suggests the bike is possibly 100% 1190 RS mechanically. The secondary can and pipe finish don't look to ever have been heated. That suggests before running the bike I need to verify the tune in the ECM, or confirm if it was actually ridden in the configuration it is in now (SX muffler and secondary)? Since the body work mount points on the RS frame are different from the production SXs, I need to find out how closely SX production parts match the 3D printed ones on this bike. The left headlight fairing is missing, and before this bike is actually ridden again, I would like to remove all the rare 3D printed parts to preserve them. If production pieces would fit, I'll buy them to put on the bike.
By the look of the tires and driveline tunnel, it spent some time on a track BEFORE the 3D printed and other SX body pieces (side fairings) were added.

If there is a difference between the prototype and production, I am a Model Maker by trade, and use a 3D printer daily. If I had access to those CAD files (doubtful at this time) I could use them to arrange to make reproductions for actual use. (Though not on my machine. I work for the US government and it would be an ethics issue. ) There are several Buell enthusiasts with 3D printers, and I'm sure one of them would be happy to help this project. reverse engineering them is not out of the question but would take more time.
If you have any information that will help me document I would love to hear from you. I know there are a number of EBR staff on these forums who do not wish it to become common knowledge they are here. PM me if you prefer a private conversation.

Thank you for reading ( I also apologize for the length)