Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Roll Cal for NorCal EBR/Buellers

EBRforum Newb
    Just picked up a 1190RX, was at thunderhill this weekend with it and my 1198S riding them back to back to compare. In love with the 1190RX, but I think my ECM tune is not optimal - top end is a bit disappointing (sent it in to IDS today to get their HMF exhaust map loaded). Joined the fb group too, hope to meet some other owners. Stocking up on parts that I can find!

Quote Originally Posted by viva_brasil View Post
    Just picked up a 1190RX, was at thunderhill this weekend with it and my 1198S riding them back to back to compare. In love with the 1190RX, but I think my ECM tune is not optimal - top end is a bit disappointing (sent it in to IDS today to get their HMF exhaust map loaded). Joined the fb group too, hope to meet some other owners. Stocking up on parts that I can find!
    Welcome! I think you’ll like your SX much more with the tune.

I'm with Gabe:) A good tune REALLY wakes up an already fast bike. IMO, I would spring for the programmable ECM from IDS. The HMF can is not my favorite so if you decide to try Deans pipe or APH, you can easily swap to the matching tune. Also mention to them if your changing the rear sprocket so the gear indicator won't ghost an extra gear.

https://ebrforum.com/showthread.php?...t-test-with-dB!

If you don't like your gearing: Sprockets are an easy swap from JD sprockets. You can use up at a 44 tooth rear sprocket on a stock length chain, not sure how much smaller you can go. Part# JTR1490.(tooth count).

A Dynojet sensor (Part# 4-114) is all you need to add a quick shifter and probably the BEST mod for the bike. Wiring is there already and the factory programming is spot on.

The Oberon clutch slave for an 1125 is a direct fit and a HUGE difference in the heavy clutch pull without going to lighter springs. I was shocked. It now matches the clutch pull on my STT!
    https://sphdonline.com/search?q=oberon

I doubt you need to hoard parts. EBR is still a functioning company and theres plenty of stock parts left. It's just good form to get an extra set of proprietary wear parts for ANY bike though. I would get an EBR chain slider (maybe 2, they're cheap), and a front sprocket. Everything else is available aftermarket.

All great suggestions from Cooter. I actually had really great results from the 44t rear, removing the secondary muffler and having IDS reprogram the ECM.