Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Picking up my 2017 SX on Monday

Cool Picking up my 2017 SX on Monday

This has been nearly a month in the making, but I have officially purchased my first ever brand new vehicle, a 2017 EBR 1190 SX in Strike Yellow (1 of 10 built in this color) with 6.8 miles on it. Bought it from James at Action Powersports and I will be flying up there Monday to pick it up, and after a few fun days, start the 1000 mile ride back home to Colorado.

I've been sending parts up to Aagard's place to install right after I pick up the bike, so it will look, sound, and perform just how I want it for the trip home. IDS programmable ECM, APH twin exit exhaust, 44t rear sprocket, twisted designs carbon fiber tail tidy, T-Rex engine case sliders, 50dro axle sliders, RX brake scoop, Flexi-Glass racing front fender, Rizoma mirrors, Motosox reservoir covers, and a Motion Pro Rev2 throttle setup. I have always optioned out my bikes, but usually over time, start a big project, and get bored before I ever really meet my end goal. I feel very blessed, fortunate, and thankful that through a perfect storm of situations, I was able to buy this bike and extras, and make it all come together for really what I consider to be a once in a lifetime opportunity.

I saw my bike at the EBR factory last month during the liquidation, so even though it's not technically at the factory anymore, it still feels more or less like I am picking it up from the factory. Showcasing this extremely rare bike on a ride I will never forget, that, because of my 1 y/o daughter and life in general moving on and getting busier, may not happen again for a very ling time, if ever. Also getting to ride up to Lambeau field is an extremely exciting opportunity in itself for this life-long Packer fan. Getting to meet so many new faces, see so many faces again, and, possibly, hopefully, the legend himself, is a dream come true for this new daddy : ) .

How exciting, Sounds you are getting all the good stuff, If you can get your hands on a quick shifter get one, I love mine, I got mine from a board member here , I very was lucky. You are going to like your APH. What tune will you be using ?

Tim at IDS now has a tune for the APH, I will probably start with that. Depending on how well my windows tablet works, I may do some logging and playing with it after break-in.

You might want to look into getting Deans tune, He has a Dyno chart out on it, its what I am running on mine with the APH , HP plus, I have not been able to see a dyno from Alan as of yet. Here is Dean chart. I have asked Tim and Allen for a Dyno chart ,this was 3 months ago nothing as of yet. Maybe you will have better luck . Attachment 1589
    Last edited by EBRRider; 07-26-2017 at 01:13 PM.

I can try it out and compare performance. The programmable ECM comes with access to all the preset tunes.

It would be nice to compare Dyno charts, not seat of the pants comparison to many variables, LOL

I agree, but I've extended quite a bit to make this happen so a dyno will have to wait at least a little while. I will be watching more for EGO correcrions between the tunes.

Take care, You are going to love your bike, shoot some pics once you have It.

Will do! It will actually look very similar to yours but in Yellow. I have a pic of your bike saved that I used for reference lol. It sold me on the twisted designs tail tidy an APH twin exit for sure. Really draws in the proportions to make the bike look more balanced and muscular IMO. Same reason I'm adding the RX scoop and Flexi-Glass fender.
    Last edited by phelan; 07-26-2017 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phelan View Post
    Will do! It will actually look very similar to yours but in Yellow. I have a pic of your bike saved that I used for reference lol. It sold my on the twisted designs tail tidy an APH twin exit for sure. Really draws in the proportions to make the bike look more balanced and muscular IMO. Same reason I'm adding the RX scoop and Flexi-Glass fender.
    WoW feel honored , LOL Attachment 1590 before & after Attachment 1591